Thread: "Prank Robbery" in Wichita

"Prank Robbery" in Wichita

http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/15/233...at-subway.html

Three kids (15,15 & 16) walk in to a Subway and order everyone to the floor. On keeps his hand in his pocket simulating a firearm .

"Authorities consider such pranks dangerous"...Jesus Christ! are they kidding? Considering the number of folks with CPLS nowadays, it's a wonder they got out of there alive....He did all the right things to indicate a precursor for an execution....The little bastiges still need to be prosecuted... Put yourself in that situation with a handgun in your possession...could have had a very different outcome .....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"

Senior Member Slanteyedshootist's Avatar

Re: "Prank Robbery" in Wichita

Doesn't that go way beyond prank into terroristic threatening territory. You're right Jay, they are lucky nobody pulled a gun in response.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanteyedshootist View Post
    You're right Jay, they are lucky nobody pulled a gun in response.
    I am SO glad I wasn't put in that situation.

I'm afraid I'd end up the next "George Zimmerman" and find myself tried and convicted in the court of public opinion before I ever had a chance.
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is only difficult for others.

It is the same when you are STUPID.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    http://www.kansas.com/2012/05/15/233...at-subway.html

Three kids (15,15 & 16) walk in to a Subway and order everyone to the floor. On keeps his hand in his pocket simulating a firearm .

"Authorities consider such pranks dangerous"...Jesus Christ! are they kidding? Considering the number of folks with CPLS nowadays, it's a wonder they got out of there alive....He did all the right things to indicate a precursor for an execution....The little bastiges still need to be prosecuted... Put yourself in that situation with a handgun in your possession...could have had a very different outcome .....
    I had an incident once where someone said this is a stickup, and I felt something poke Me in the back, I figured I was dead anyway and drew My sidearm while whirling around, just as I was about to drop the real ban hammer of life, I saw it was a young lady of tender age, unarmed crying and beshatted, lucky for her, My reflexes were sharp enough that she did not die that day........
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

I don't think I would have pulled or shot having not actually seen a gun and not being in any direct danger. I know it sounds cold but inless it's me personally they are threatening, pffft they can have Subways money I don't care it's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinian View Post
    I don't think I would have pulled or shot having not actually seen a gun and not being in any direct danger. I know it sounds cold but inless it's me personally they are threatening, pffft they can have Subways money I don't care it's not worth it.
    They can take as much of the stores money as they want, couldn't concern me less....but when they order me to the floor and start making noises like they are planning to dispose of the witnesses? It ain't about the stores money any more.. and something bad is about to happen to somebody......

whoops *unless.

Anyway, even if ordered on the ground I really don't care unless I feel directly threatend. I'd be the same way if someone were trying to rob me in the parking lot.. If I felt simply giving up the keys would keep him from shooting me then here's the keys and my wallet dude have fun for the next 30 mins. I've got insurance and my phone and car are GPSed up the wazoo he'll be caught preeeetty fast.

Basically, if I can't get to a strategic advantange or not already in one, I'd rather not fight if at all possible. I'm more of the club you in the back of the head rather than go toe to toe with you kinda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinian View Post
    whoops *unless.

Anyway, even if ordered on the ground I really don't care unless I feel directly threatend. I'd be the same way if someone were trying to rob me in the parking lot.. If I felt simply giving up the keys would keep him from shooting me then here's the keys and my wallet dude have fun for the next 30 mins. I've got insurance and my phone and car are GPSed up the wazoo he'll be caught preeeetty fast.

Basically, if I can't get to a strategic advantange or not already in one, I'd rather not fight if at all possible. I'm more of the club you in the back of the head rather than go toe to toe with you kinda guy.
    This is the way it is with Me, and only Me, whenever anyone starts ordering people to the ground, although I may not see a gun, and a gun is implied, ie, hand in the pocket, I will not lay down or comply, and training will take over.

Those rap scallions have but a short time to live or die depending on how fast they make a decision if they wish to live or die....... it is not a question of money, it is whether or not they make the right choice, they already decided to die when they made a choice to start ordering honest people to the ground......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showth...7205#post67205
    This sort of thing hits one hellava sore spot with me. I'm mostly in the company of completely ignorant people when it comes to even basic knowledge of SD, and whenever some of them even hints at a "joke" on the subject I'll verbally rage on them to no end.

What does that accomplish, other than convincing them you're a total nutcase? Wouldn't it be better to have a rational conversation about self defense?
    Jerry
    "We have met the enemy, and he is us!" Pogo

"and whenever some of them even hints at a "joke" on the subject I'll verbally rage on them to no end."

I remember as a Teenager, a few of My peers that I soon thereafter parted company with, they made jokes about holdups and guns in diners or stores, and that always unnerved Me and anyone else in earshot, I pretty much told them off right there at the time, and apologized to others listening, lest they thought We were about to hold up a place.......

15/15/16...........that's 46 years of naivete, teenage stupidity. Thank God no one was killed.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

The sad part is that I think most people would automatically assume that these kids were armed, and trying to rob the place--it was a stupid thing to do, but kids do stupid stuff....too bad we live in a world where we can't just assume it's a teenage joke, because there's plenty of 16 year olds comitting real, violent crime in the world.

A 7 year old ought to know better, their age is no excuse, much less a justification in my book. A prank is something aimed at folks you know well, total strangers at the most it could be perhaps called a stunt and thing with stunts is that there is a very serious possibility of danger or negative repercussions attached to them, if not they won't qualify to be deemed a stunt!

I would call this a serious crime with mandatory jail time instead of a "prank" or stunt. For all effects concerning those in the fast food joint it was an actual armed robbery.

"It was just a prank" to become now the new defense crutch for attorneys and criminals?
    Last edited by bruchi; 05-18-2012 at 05:13 PM.

"I would call this a serious crime with mandatory jail time instead of a "prank" or stunt. For all effects concerning those in the fast food joint it was an actual armed robbery."

Have you seen the lame comments people make in the aftermath of a defensive shooting ?
    Many people get stuck on the idea that "property is not worth taking a life over" however, in the attempt to rob a store, many times customers get shot & killed anyway.

I will never shoot to defend a stores money, I will shoot because those armed thugs whether or not they are pointing their guns at Me at the time, they constitute a clear and present danger to My Personal security, and I will act accordingly to defend Myself from that or those threat(s)......

They should put these kids through a "prank execution".

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawker View Post
    They can take as much of the stores money as they want, couldn't concern me less....but when they order me to the floor and start making noises like they are planning to dispose of the witnesses? It ain't about the stores money any more.. and something bad is about to happen to somebody......
    Where did it say that?

It's all funny until someone gets hurt. What were they thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWho View Post
    I had an incident once where someone said this is a stickup, and I felt something poke Me in the back, I figured I was dead anyway and drew My sidearm while whirling around, just as I was about to drop the real ban hammer of life, I saw it was a young lady of tender age, unarmed crying and beshatted, lucky for her, My reflexes were sharp enough that she did not die that day........
    Lucky her.

They have got to be kidding.

Police plan to present evidence in the case to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office, which will determine whether charges are warranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Buford View Post
    Where did it say that?
    Local TV news....

Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    What does that accomplish, other than convincing them you're a total nutcase? Wouldn't it be better to have a rational conversation about self defense?
    Jerry
    First for no other reason than they'll never do such a stupid thing in my presence. Secondly thoughs who are dumb enough to think there is any comedic value in such a "joke" are the type that no matter what, things have to end on the funny side. Until I jolt them out that mind-set a rational conversation about SD is not possible.