Thread: savage 111 with accutrigger and nikon scope

savage 111 with accutrigger and nikon scope

Hey i recently bought the savage 111 30-06 with the accutrigger. I love it and the accuracy is outstanding. My only thing is i keep hearing everyone mention changing the stock. Are they pertaining to the butt stock on teh weapon and if so why? or am i reading their statements wrong.

Re: savage 111 with accutrigger and nikon scope

The whole stock.

It's a matter of preference. If you like it, and it shoots well, don't sweat it.
    Savage is notorious for producing lesser quality stocks. Some of the old plastic ones were pretty ugly.
    I have a few Savages. My newer 111 w/ Accustock is fine, for me. My M25 with a laminate stock is pretty nice. My old 110's, yeah, those stocks get thrown away.
    Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    It might not be more accurate, but why introduce accuracy to a discussion about inaccuracy?

Welcome aboard. Lots of info on the shooting world here.

Agreed with jbohio. If you like it and it shoots, leave it. I've had(have) a few savage rifles and never changed out a stock.

Bellcat
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain

As has already been stated, if you have an AccuStock on it, chances are very good that it'll shoot just fine. Unlike the Remington SPS stocks, which are injection moulded plastic and nothing else supporting the receiver, the AccuStock has a metal support system in it that keeps the action in place and, in my personal experience, lends itself to good accuracy. Unless you hate the cosmetics or have a stock you suspect is actually problematic, you can rest assured that it's fine.
    Last edited by Six-Gun; 07-15-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

If you're happy with the way it's shooting...leave it be. I'll be the first to admit, that even with the crappy stocks, my Savages have all been good shooters out of the box. I'm looking for "something more" out of my rifles -and dropping them into a different style stock with a full length bedding block accomplishes that.... hence my tendency to toss the old style Savage stocks out of hand. As noted...the Accustock Savages are another thing altogether.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"