Thread: Kimber super carry pro or super carry custom?

Kimber super carry pro or super carry custom?

HI, I am torn between the kimber super carry pro and the super carry custom. I want to use the gun for Concealed carry and I'm wondering how much of a difference the 4 in. makes against a 5 in. in this area. I also want to know if the full size will be more accurate or anything. I kind of like the full size look better, but i could just be fancying it now. I would love to get both but at that price I don't want to get two of basically the same gun. Thanks.

Re: Kimber super carry pro or super carry custom?

Welcome to the BB!

I don't have either of those models but I do have the Desert Warrior 5" and the Pro Raptor 4" which are for your question no difference. I really like the 4" better for carry because it is an inch shorter making it a little more comfortable to carry. As far as accuracy both guns shoot equally well. The answer to your question is what ever turns your fancy the most is what you will like better; of the two you listed one is no better than the other.

My Kimbers...

timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

An extra inch of barrel won't make a HUGE difference with the right holster... But I carry a 1911 in the 3" flavor myself. And I believe I could hit anything I need to with that.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Quote Originally Posted by cpj View Post

There no mangos like Dans mangos.

Welcome aboard.
    Division one critter rescue team leader.

Thank you everybody for your input, I think I'm gonna go with the 4 in. model. BTW timc nice 1911s. The top one doesn't look like a desert warrior though. Did get different finnish on it? Anyway if you did get the desert warrior im considering getting one so how do you like it?dessert.jpg

Moose,
    Your question is purely about personal preference, but for your peace of mind, getting a shorter barreled gun will not put you at a disadvantage even at distances out to 25 yards, as long as you do your due diligence with good practice. Whatever you carry is useless without it.
    When war does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the
    scabbard. - General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by mooseman7 View Post
    Thank you everybody for your input, I think I'm gonna go with the 4 in. model. BTW timc nice 1911s. The top one doesn't look like a desert warrior though. Did get different finnish on it? Anyway if you did get the desert warrior im considering getting one so how do you like it?dessert.jpg
    My bad not the desert warrior, it is the warrior model which is the same gun with the black finish. I have had it several years now and it is a great shooting pistol and my preferred carry gun when in the woods.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

Just to make sure....you know that the Super carry line has a steel frame, while the Pro Carry line has an aluminum frame, right?

I went from carrying a Custom II, to a Pro Carry. The difference is HUGE.

If it's gonna be daily carry, I say get the aluminum. 28oz
    Quote Originally Posted by breamfisher View Post
    It might not be more accurate, but why introduce accuracy to a discussion about inaccuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by jbohio View Post
    Just to make sure....you know that the Super carry line has a steel frame, while the Pro Carry line has an aluminum frame, right?

I went from carrying a Custom II, to a Pro Carry. The difference is HUGE.

If it's gonna be daily carry, I say get the aluminum. 28oz
    I got a Kimber UltraCarry SS II (3" barrel) and have managed 5 shot groups at 25 yds as tight as 2 3/8". Barrel length is not the issue with accuracy... practice is. The aluminum frame just makes lugging it around everywhere SO much more unnoticeable.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug