Thread: Jimenez Arms 9mm

Jimenez Arms 9mm

A firend of mine just purchased a 9mm pistol made by Jimenez Arms....it says they are located in Las Vegas Nevada.....he said he paid around $200 with tax.......I have never heard of this manufacturer and wanted to hear from anyone who has knowledge of them or the quality of the pistol

Re: Jimenez Arms 9mm

Not to offend you on your first post, but that gun is a piece of crap.
    That don't confront me, as long as I get my money by next Friday.

Looking at their website, it appears like the latest reincarnation of a Raven/Bryco/Jennings
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is only difficult for others.

It is the same when you are STUPID.

Honestly? I'd that the $200, save a little more, and get something better. Fellow had one at the range, constant failures to feed with full metal jacket ammo.

My personal opinion is that it's too light to be a boat anchor, and too awkward to use as a downrigger.
    Unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain free. - Maj. Frank Burns

welcome

REAL friends dont let friends buy Jimenez guns.

my LGS gave them a try for the $$ challenged, but after every one of them came back with issues, he quit selling them.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt

Welcome aboard.
    Division one critter rescue team leader.

Man I hate to sound evil to a newie but I have one of the Bryco 59 9mm which is like the one your friend bought Jimenez is the old Jennings firearms and yes they are junk. Your friend got ripped off.
    $200 is about $200 more than I would give for one. Heck I would sell you mine really cheap!!

I have a good excuse for mine, it was given to me.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member

My uncle has a Jennings 9, he should know better but is still just as proud as punch of that . He told it was reliable and never gave him any trouble except for jamming 5 times in one magazine.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13

Everything you'll ever need to know about Jimenez Arms........well.....this and the fact that their guns are ca-ca do-do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimenez_Arms

http://jimenezarmsinc.com/
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post
    Man I hate to sound evil to a newie but I have one of the Bryco 59 9mm which is like the one your friend bought Jimenez is the old Jennings firearms and yes they are junk. Your friend got ripped off.
    $200 is about $200 more than I would give for one. Heck I would sell you mine really cheap!!

I have a good excuse for mine, it was given to me.
    I'm thinking that that box of ammo is worth more than the gun.
    That's all I got.

Paul

I have never heard of the brand Jimenez but from those who know it sounds as it's just as well!

"Jimenez Arms 9mm"

Taurus is starting to look better and better, am I drunk ????
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Ditto to all of the above. When working as a gunsmith for a shop I had a few come in. Hard to get in touch with a person or even find a number to call. Had to seek-and-find for parts. Tell your friend to sell it and then put a few bucks with it and get something else.

Mike

About the only "Cheap" pistol or carbine on the market that actually works is a HI-Point and they leave a lot to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by PFD View Post
    I'm thinking that that box of ammo is worth more than the gun.

I think I may put it on gunbroker with an opening bid of $500 and advertize it as a unique chance to own the worst gun in history.
    Custom made Bryco59 by Jennings firearms, crafted with love and one of the few still completely intact with a solemn guarantee it will fire the first round chambered.

I won't go to a special hell for that will I?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....

No you are telling the truth. If someone bought it for that though... Well we need a bit more chlorine in the gene pool.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13

Quote Originally Posted by olesniper View Post
    Well, after reading that link, I can understand why it looks like a reincarnated Raven/Jennings/Bryco..... because that's exactly what it is
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. It is only difficult for others.

It is the same when you are STUPID.

Quote Originally Posted by timc View Post

I think I may put it on gunbroker with an opening bid of $500 and advertize it as a unique chance to own the worst gun in history.
    Custom made Bryco59 by Jennings firearms, crafted with love and one of the few still completely intact with a solemn guarantee it will fire the first round chambered.

I won't go to a special hell for that will I?
    If you can pull that off then I say more power to ya'.

What was it P.T. Barnum said . . . . .?
    That's all I got.

Paul

My name is Jose Jiminez ... ( The Right Stuff )

It just occurred to me what you can do with your Bryco Tim. Send it to Matel, I imagine they are always in the market for zinc to build Hot Wheels out of.
    Dad 5-31-13

Quote Originally Posted by farm boy View Post
    It just occurred to me what you can do with your Bryco Tim. Send it to Matel, I imagine they are always in the market for zinc to build Hot Wheels out of.
    LOL, you know I have had that piece of junk for many years, my dad gave it to me. I never shoot it, just put it in the vault and that is where it has set. I guess I figured it wasn't worth my time to do anything with.

It's just a newer RAVEN. I,ve got a RAVEN .25 cal. still in the box someone threw in on a trade a while back, sold new for $35.00, now they sell for $99.00 to anyone that doesen't care. I did turn down $100.00 dollars for it but I thought the young man need the money worse than the RAVEN. Anyway, he is was still a friend. Mine is a Davis, Model RAVEN.

Quote Originally Posted by mwev26 View Post
    A firend of mine just purchased a 9mm pistol made by Jimenez Arms....it says they are located in Las Vegas Nevada.....he said he paid around $200 with tax.......I have never heard of this manufacturer and wanted to hear from anyone who has knowledge of them or the quality of the pistol
    Just for kicks I bought a Jimenez Arms gun at a gun show. After things I have read about them, I decided that the first thing I was gonna do was sand down the inside of the barrel. I have not had a single round ever jam in this gun since I've owned it. I've easily shot 100 rounds of ammo through and had no problems. Maybe I'm just luck. It makes a cute conversation piece. Mine is Pink & Chrome. LMAO.

I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it. I shoot my Glock 23 much more. Save your money and buy one of those.

Sand down the inside of the barrel?????
    Unless we each conform, unless we obey orders, unless we follow our leaders blindly, there is no possible way we can remain free. - Maj. Frank Burns