Home Main Category General Firearms

Range Report: 6.5 Creedmore...

wildgenewildgene Senior MemberPosts: 1,036 Senior Member
...or getting on paper...

... NIB Browning A-Bolt Long Range Hunter/ 6.5 Creedmore, 1:8 26" barrel/ Leupold VX-2 6X18 AO...

sight-incorralpit.jpg

...out of the box, fit & finish/ Very Good, the matte finish is probably best described as "Robust", no rough edges, tooling marks, molding marks, etc. Trigger was a relatively heavy 4.5#, easily adjusted down to 2.5#, no travel, no creep, just plain "Crisp". Slapped on the scope, stopped @ the gravel pit on the way down the mountain, set out a 25yd. target, bore sighted the rifle. A few rounds to make sure it was "on paper" w/ some 140gr. A-Max factory loads...

6525yds.jpg

...moved the target out to 100yds., a little more adjustment...

65100yds.jpg

...the "Final Four" (up top)...

65finalfour.jpg

...I think w/ a little better rest than the BullBag off the hood of the rig, & a few less "snot sickles" (took the temp. as I was leaving)...

8degreesF.jpg

...she's ready to go to the 200yd. line...

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,916 Senior Member
    I'm not much a Browning fan, but that looks like a pretty fun rifle!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,392 Senior Member
    Niiiiice.

Love the white sand.........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    8 deg. is a little chilly. Looks like you're good to go with the factory ammunition. I like the looks of that rifle. :up: I like the Browning action a lot, just never got around to buying any Browning rifles. Going after speed goats and mulies with that rig?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    8 deg. is a little chilly. Looks like you're good to go with the factory ammunition. I like the looks of that rifle. :up: I like the Browning action a lot, just never got around to buying any Browning rifles. Going after speed goats and mulies with that rig?

...rocks, lots & lotsa rocks...

WY-Tacrokshooter.jpg

...probably work up a decent pdawg round & shoot a mulie or goat w/ it, but it's really just for "shooting practice"...
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,557 Senior Member
    Excellent shooting.
    You must have let it warm up before you went shooting. We some folks getting some below zero temps this morning.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Now why did they have to go and make their affordable rifle in that caliber...? My list is around here somewhere...now where is my pen...
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    ...-4 when I headed out elk looking this morn, 6 when I started shooting...

...Jason my LGS found that rifle for considerably less than MSRP. Little over $1K into the whole rig...
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    wildgene wrote: »
    ...Jason my LGS found that rifle for considerably less than MSRP. Little over $1K into the whole rig...

You sucketh, sir. I nearly got an A-Bolt in .280Rem before I decided on the Rem 700 CDL Special Edition. Now I may yet again realize a A-Bolt, but in 6.5 Creedmoor.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,297 Senior Member
    That, my friend, is a nice rig.

Looking forward to future after action reports.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • rapier5316rapier5316 Member Posts: 312 Member
    Very Nice.
    aint it fun when you can't tell the difference between coffee jitters and shivering?
    "The power of the United States has peaked, oppression follows." Robert Prector, Socionomics.net
    rapier5316 wrote: »
    Very Nice.
    aint it fun when you can't tell the difference between coffee jitters and shivering?

...coffee jitters aren't usually accompanied buy yer moostache freezing to the stock...
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,200 Senior Member
    Nice, looks like you have that rifle dialed in.
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Very well done.... I'm glad to see that some other folks have been afflicted with the "6.5 mm disease" besides myself! It does make more sense for somebody from Wy. than Ill., however.......
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
    ...managed to sneak the 6.5 CM out to 200yds. before the wind picked up...

65CM200yd1-23-4.jpg

65CM200yd5-6.jpg
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,557 Senior Member
    Nice!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,297 Senior Member
    Thanks.

I have been lusting after a Browning bolt gun ever since I sold my B-78.

Wonder why the X-Bolt isn't offered in 6.5 CM?
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,995 Senior Member
    Gene your posts are always a breath of fresh (and apparently very cold) air. So many forums just take the A-bolts to school with the bashing. But darn it all if they ain't so accurate right out of the box.
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    wildgene wrote: »
    ...or getting on paper...

... NIB Browning A-Bolt Long Range Hunter/ 6.5 Creedmore, 1:8 26" barrel/ Leupold VX-2 6X18 AO...

sight-incorralpit.jpg

...out of the box, fit & finish/ Very Good, the matte finish is probably best described as "Robust", no rough edges, tooling marks, molding marks, etc. Trigger was a relatively heavy 4.5#, easily adjusted down to 2.5#, no travel, no creep, just plain "Crisp". Slapped on the scope, stopped @ the gravel pit on the way down the mountain, set out a 25yd. target, bore sighted the rifle. A few rounds to make sure it was "on paper" w/ some 140gr. A-Max factory loads...

...moved the target out to 100yds., a little more adjustment...

...the "Final Four" (up top)...

...I think w/ a little better rest than the BullBag off the hood of the rig, & a few less "snot sickles" (took the temp. as I was leaving)...

...she's ready to go to the 200yd. line...

Is the antenna on the scope or the barrel. Is it some kind of guidance system?

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!