Home Main Category Hunting

need info on 12 guage semi auto

2»

Replies

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,201 Senior Member
    I have a Benelli-Love it.
    It has digested everything I have feed it and has functioned without fault in very cold and warm conditions
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    I have a Benelli-Love it.
    It has digested everything I have feed it and has functioned without fault in very cold and warm conditions

I used my BIL's 20 gauge Benelli Montefeltro for one day (dove hunting), when I ran out of 12 gauge shells for my OU. It was absolutely the sweetest shooter I've ever laid my hands on, and when I got home, I intended to buy one just like it. But the $1300 price tag scared me off, and I bought the Stoeger, instead. I would still like to own one, and if I knew I could get enough use out of it, I probably would, still. They are very fine shotguns.
  • mattsnmattsn New Member Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm really trying to stay away from the 1000 dollar range and over. However it is proving difficult to find an 1187 now that the versa max is out. I would consider the versa max except it has very mixed reviews. I have an opportunity to get one at a great price but I'm nervous of all the recalls. This particular one was built in April 2011.
  • mattsnmattsn New Member Posts: 14 New Member
    I've looked at the used racks and called the local pawn shops.