Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

A book by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano worth reading

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,452 Senior Member
Theodore and Woodrow: How Two American Presidents Destroyed Constitutional Freedom I know that there are some fans of Teddy Roosevelt here, but facts is facts; Teddy was a Progressive. He and Woodrow Wilson got the Federal Reserve set up, were big promoters of the 17th Amendment which emasculated state power in the federal government, and both were huge supporters of eugenics, and unabashed racists. Good explanations of the Federal Reserve, how and why it causes inflation and devaluation of our currency, and how it operates to set up the conditions for things like those recent too big to fail bank failures. And both were big proponents of that "Living Constitution" concept.

And that's just in the first five chapters I've read so far(25% of the book according to the Kindle). Book has plenty of cited sources for the information (Teddy's and Woodrow's own words are pretty good evidence), along with contemporary sources.

Good book that explains the why, who, and how the Progressives have trashed the Constitution to collect power for the Federal government. Progressives are the evil among us.
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Good book that explains the why, who, and how the Progressives have trashed the Constitution to collect power for the Federal government.

What president hasn't collected more power for the Federal Gov't?

I want to read a book about a president that spent his term(s) trying to limit the power of government, especially the fed. *crickets chirping*
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Theodore and Woodrow: How Two American Presidents Destroyed Constitutional Freedom I know that there are some fans of Teddy Roosevelt here, but facts is facts; Teddy was a Progressive. He and Woodrow Wilson got the Federal Reserve set up, were big promoters of the 17th Amendment which emasculated state power in the federal government, and both were huge supporters of eugenics, and unabashed racists. Good explanations of the Federal Reserve, how and why it causes inflation and devaluation of our currency, and how it operates to set up the conditions for things like those recent too big to fail bank failures. And both were big proponents of that "Living Constitution" concept.

And that's just in the first five chapters I've read so far(25% of the book according to the Kindle). Book has plenty of cited sources for the information (Teddy's and Woodrow's own words are pretty good evidence), along with contemporary sources.

Good book that explains the why, who, and how the Progressives have trashed the Constitution to collect power for the Federal government. Progressives are the evil among us.

I agree, it is the poison that takes down Democracy (Yeah Yeah, I know this is a Democratic Republic, but you get my drift...). I just didn't realize Teddy was so much so.

This was Roosevelt's undoing that cost his Bull Moose Party the Nomination.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    Snake, Teddy was prodded, and led by some smart people in power to go with the third party Bull Moose Party, thus ensuring that Woodrow Wilson would be elected. Just like Ross Perot spoiled another election by siphoning off votes. It was carefully orchestrated by some powerful people, and Teddy was egotistical to the point that he went for it hook, line, and sinker.

Get the book; it's worth reading. And it will make you see how we've lost our liberty by the manipulations of some powerful people with only their own interests at heart.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

Get the book; it's worth reading. And it will make you see how we've lost our liberty by the manipulations of some powerful people with only their own interests at heart.

Oh, you mean Politicians and Money Changers :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!