Home Main Category Hunting

What $500 looks like in N. Idaho

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberKaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
kitty_zps5b6061a4.jpg
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    "Hello Kitty!"
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • RiflemannRiflemann Member WC MinnesotaPosts: 269 Member
    Here Kitty Kitty........BANG!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Living in a van, down by the river.Posts: 14,039 Senior Member
    You're ransoming it for $500?
    I'm just here for snark.
  • timctimc Senior Member TexasPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
    You're ransoming it for $500?

$500 in a paper sack or the kitty gets it!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,671 Senior Member
    Bet she was happy to see your son, was he wondering if the .22 was enough?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • 10 AC10 AC Member between Memphis & NashvillePosts: 309 Member
    22x9 wrote: »
    Ruger .22lr? Really? Details? Details please.

Yes details? wt? ect.?ect.?
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You guys are getting 500 bones for bob kitties? Tanned or green?
    If we could get that much for them, I would be trapping full time for bobcats! Hell, for 500 bucks I would trap Bob's cat!

If that cat was a tom, and over 42" long from nose to the base of the tail, he'd be pushing $800. That's green, not tanned.

Not a bad start for opening day.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Kaniksu Nat'l Forest, IDPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
    22x9 wrote: »
    Ruger .22lr? Really? Details? Details please.

It was caught in a foot trap. Dispatched with the Ruger. At about 3 feet. Complete pass through. See the red spot on the cat's chest?

Adam J. McCleod

Are they rare up there? I will see if I can find out what they are bringing here.

Not especially rare...fur density is what pulls top dollar. See the width of that white belly?

Adam J. McCleod

This is poor fur: See the narrow white belly?

narrow_zps39c6b2eb.jpg

Adam J. McCleod

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    How do Colorado bobcats compare? I've noticed a lot of BC/ML/CY tracks while hunting elk.....Were trying to reestablish Lynx here.....but don't think they've made it to our area yet.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    How do Colorado bobcats compare? I've noticed a lot of BC/ML/CY tracks while hunting elk.....Were trying to reestablish Lynx here.....but don't think they've made it to our area yet.

Colorado is a live trapping only state. Cage traps only. The hides are worth good money.

Adam J. McCleod

Gotcha. It's still crazy that there is that much difference in price for here to there.

I agree, but I'm selling, not buying. Buyers dictate the market...

Adam J. McCleod

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    Beautiful cat-Congrats!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    I saw 4 or 5 about three weeks back from my deer blind. That same day I saw about 10 coyotes.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    Beautiful cat-Congrats!

Con-CAT-ulations, even? :tooth:
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member South DakotaPosts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Good Hustle!

Never got a bobkittie before. There are many in western SD.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,953 Senior Member
    fur density is what pulls top dollar.

I thought coloration and spotting had a lot to do with it also ?

Congratulations to him.......I did want to see that post about what Ginger looks like
    don't make me have to go out there!
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    extremely interesting indeed, and from what I have viewed on this forum you know your stuff about trapping. Nice cat
    Weatherby wrote: »
    fur density is what pulls top dollar.

I thought coloration and spotting had a lot to do with it also ?

Congratulations to him.......I did want to see that post about what Ginger looks like
    don't make me have to go out there!

Yes coloration and spotting are really important, as is size. The belly is what sells the cat. Longer, wider, whiter, and clarity of spots. The genetics of bobcats in the western states are superior to the rest of the country, at least in the fur market.

The kid informed me that the cat in the first post will only get $425-$450. He said I was being overly optimistic for a female cat.

Ginger never showed at my bait pile this season. There was a couple youngsters hitting it regularly, after dark.

Adam J. McCleod