Home Main Category Personal Defense

Looking for a rifle/shotgun for home protection, don't know what to get.

2»

Replies

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,493 Senior Member
    When I was living in a difficult (rural) TX location and could not afford to buy anything, I borrowed a lever action rifle from a friend. My job made me a target for drug gangs and I was REALLY worried about my safety. With open sights, that 30-30 gave me peace of mind.

In my current state of residence, assault rifles are going to be completely banned soon. I am thinking of having a home defense lever action built someday. Some sort of 44 or 45 caliber, red dot sight, etc.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Here ya go:

maresleg2.jpg

A tactical Mare's Leg in .45 Colt!
    Jerry
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,493 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Here ya go:

maresleg2.jpg

A tactical Mare's Leg in .45 Colt!
    Jerry

That is totally over the top!! Give my state's gun laws (current and future), I am sure it will be banned. Creative design.

I was thinking about finding a used Marlin (made in CT) carbine with a good action and barrel, mountings a red dot site, and a bayonet lug (just to thumb my nose at the politicians), black stock.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,674 Senior Member
    That is totally over the top!! Give my state's gun laws (current and future), I am sure it will be banned. Creative design.

Don't get too excited...With the shoulder stock it's gone from being a Mares Leg (which is classed as a pistol) to an SBR (Short Barreled Rifle)....so it's already "restricted"...Needs a tax stamp to possess....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"