Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Biden in Charge are We Safe?

Fat BillyFat Billy Senior MemberPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
Today the President placed the stooge Joe Biden in charge of Gun Reforms. I don't think Biden has really done anything sucessfully before. This indicates the President knows nothing can be done so he gave it to someone that failure is normal. The President said he was going to do something, kinda like he was going to line item veto things that did'nt help the country. I guess this will mean we will have to relearn how to take ammo limiting spacers out of our magazines like the old days. Could be worse I suppose. :hand: Later,
Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Biden is stupid, but he's also sneaky. The entire situation bears watching very closely, and we need to respond like a trapped badger to every attempt to infringe on our rights. Nobody likes to play bumper tag with a buzz saw, so we don't need to make it any easier for the liberal scumbags to steamroll us. The absolute worst thing we can do is roll over and play dead on the assumption that people will like us better. They hate us anyway- - - - -no sense in giving them an easy ride!
    Jerry
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,938 Senior Member
    Obama and the anti gun idiots are going to move quickly on this issue so they can cram laws down our throat while the emotion is still running wild. Obama started his gun control hints in the media just a few hours after the shooting and he's done nothing but further confirm his agenda since then. It hasn't even been a week yet and the funerals are still ongoing, but he's alread started this commission and is publicly pushing the agenda. They know that anyone trying to stick up for 2A rights will be labeled a horrible, blood thirsty demon. Just like they've done to "the wealthiest" in thier class warfare agenda. This is going to be a big, uphill fight. I hate to admit it, but I think we will be losing some of our rights that we currently enjoy. It's just a matter of how far they will be allowed to take it.

Obama appointing a very avid anti gunner to lead his commission is not a good thing. And Obama has already said that he will do everything "within my power" to do something about gun control. Obama thinks his power is limitless. That is scary.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Biden may come off as a bumbling foul mouthed fool, but he's a devious cur that needs watching at all times. While the Prez said it would be members of his cabinet doing the study you can bet that Feinstein, Schumer, and the other usual suspects will have their oars deep in the pot stirring the contents.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,938 Senior Member
    What could possibly be more scary than gun control being decided on by Feinstein, Schumer, Bloomberg and Biden all working under Obama's direction with a country full of emotional kneejerkers?

IMO, the best bet is to drag this fight out as long as possible, let the emotion subside and remind the dummys in Congress what happened to their collegues when the last ban was passed.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Agreed. Most of Congress lost their jobs the last time they enacted sweeping legislation.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,122 Senior Member
    But do the idiots in Congree really care if they loose their seat??? With the pension benefits that an ex-congress person gets for life, they can retire on the beach for the rest of their lives..

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Good point. That and $20k an hour on the rubber-chicken circuit.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    my take on this is:
    any type of ugly gun, they're gonna come after.
    AR's, HK's, AK/SKS's.. even the bullpup stocks for your 10-22 are gonna be on the list..
    they're going to do it by specific make and model, and include some vague "clone, copy or variant" language in the bill

Plus I bet the hammer falls on any handgun with a polymer frame, or holds more than the previous limit of ten rounds.

They may even come after specific cartridges, .223/5.56 NATO, 7.62x39, .308/7.62x51 NATO... but like idiots they'll ignore variants, like the .300 Blackout, etc.

I guess if there is one good thing we can hope for, it's that some Libertarian will probably filibuster.. and stall the damn thing for enough time to get an amendment watering it down..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Whom else but Joe Biden for this important task. He's certain to screw it up even more than the typical Washington politician. I'm however not certain whether that's a good or bad thing for gun owners.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,871 Senior Member
    Politicly I thing it is a smart choice. The pres. starts a commitee to find solutions to a problem that he knows Joe has alredy decided what to do, ban guns. If nothing gets pushed thru congress he can blame Joe and there will be no big loss, he doesn't need Joe for anything anymore.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I was waiting for someone to comment on one thing that Obama said today about gun control. Seems no one picked up on it, so here goes. He said that one thing that would be done is close the gun show loophole, but he let the cat out of the bag purposely or by accident. He also said that ALL PRIVATE SALES would have to go through a background check. I have no idea how that could be enforced, except at gun shows.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams