Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

CT shooting and political reactions: an Italian perspective

jabella78jabella78 New MemberPosts: 5 New Member
Hi there,

I'm an Italian guns owner, enthusiast and an administrator of the local shooting range.
Also here the newspaper shouted loud against guns after CT shooting, underlying how crazy Americans are. They also says that Obama "the Great" is now going to stop everything.
No one says about the mental illness of that guy and why he wasn't treated properly.
No one says Obama is going to take an absurd ban against assault rifles just to feed up newspapers, when people could be killed with a knife, a car or in many different ways. No one remembers the handguns ban in UK and the statistics about the crime and armed violence after that...
I'm spreading the truth against disinformation also here. You're not alone.

J

Replies

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Ciao Jabella

I lived in San Vito dei Normanni for 2 years. Loved the countryside, the food and wine. Thanks for supporting our efforts in Italia.

Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,192 Senior Member
    Welcome, Jabella and viva Italia!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    I like the new guy!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Welcome!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Ciao, paisano! From a 2nd generation Italian-American gun owner.

Thanks for your support.
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,518 Senior Member
    Thanks, Jabella and welcome!
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hi, and welcome! It's good to hear that a few voices of reason are still out there. You might want to remind the people who condemn us that thousands of "crazy Americans" traveled halfway around the world and bled and died to save them from great leaders like Benito Mussolini. I'm sure he would approve of Obama's tactics. How soon people forget!
    Jerry
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Mahalo. Aloha and welcome to the forum.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Welcome.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • jabella78jabella78 New Member Posts: 5 New Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Hi, and welcome! It's good to hear that a few voices of reason are still out there. You might want to remind the people who condemn us that thousands of "crazy Americans" traveled halfway around the world and bled and died to save them from great leaders like Benito Mussolini. I'm sure he would approve of Obama's tactics. How soon people forget!
    Jerry

You're so right... The same people forget Berlusconi so now he's going to participate to elections again.
    I'm still convince you live in the land of the freedom (compared to here) and this privilege must be preserved.
    By the way, I didn't expect a so warm welcome from you all! Thank you! Grazie!
    Ciao
    J
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Welcome jabella78 :up:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,770 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum! It is good to see other people who think like most of us do, but in other countries.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 530 Senior Member
    Welcome jabella, and thanks for your support! Some of my fondest memories are of the time I spent in Italy in the '60's, courtesy of the USMC.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire