Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Houston gunstore owner receives death threat

2»

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Apexx wrote: »
    Nuff said. You want to defend your friend. I have no issue with that. Your friend wants to charge 20% premium for his stuff that's his business. More power to him. I was just pointing out his prices were significantly higher that others in the area. For me it sounds a bit fishy that this former radio shock jock gun store owner found it necessary to publicize a death threat. Apparently that qualifies me as a troll.:roll:

Well, in fact Pruett's does NOT mark up 20% above other area gunstores. Their prices are closely in line with other full service shops, like Collectors. I said from the beginning that Pruett's prices are not the lowest -- you can use, say, Academy, if you know what you want and it's in the case, but don't expect much help from behind the counter in accessories or comparisons. That's how it is with ALL consumer goods. If you know exactly what you want, BestBuy awaits. If you need some serious help with an entertainment system, there are specialty shops where you pay more for that fine tuning. Same for Pruett's. This is somehow news for you, that premium shops for ALL sorts of goods charge higher prices. This is the choice the consumer always takes -- anyone here can attest to that, whether buying guns or clothes or beef from a butcher. You get what you pay for and sometimes you choose to pay extra for excellent help and background service.

Jim Pruett publicized the death threat, not because of fishy motives (you're still implying there was some sort of gimmick involved) but in fact because he took that mailed threat seriously, seriously enough to take it to authorities and ask them to proceed with a formal investigation. If Pruett is doing something fishy he's toying with federal law, and a hoax can get someone in Leavenworth just as fast as the real thing.

But you're blue-skying here. Pruett has never been accused of any illegal or suspicious action before, whether in his gun biz or on his pro-2A talk shows. Yes, he's a Teaparty reactionary conservative and strongly pro-gun. He's steady on that belief and it's not a sham. His radio "shocks" come to anti-gunners who might listen and not believe someone can have pro-2A views. Tough.

The troll part comes from you making assumptions about Pruett, that he's disingenuous and may be pulling a hoax (a federal crime), and that he's gouging customers (ask the store-full and very busy place about that), that his prices are 20% higher (not true), that his shock-jock is a correct persona for his radio show when actually it's a sensible show if you're 2A supporting. And the troll is for your implying that I'm somehow more "connected" to Pruett than simply being a friend of his business and customer, that I've got some financial hook. Not true, Mr. Bridge Dweller.

You obviously have a grudge about Pruett. That you should deal with directly with the Pruett store, and not impugn his business or customers.
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    You have your view of the situation based on your relationship with Pruett and his shop. I have my view based on my experince with shopping him against various other gun stores in the area. Not just Academy. It's a free market. People can shop, buy, and pay what they want. Good for Pruett for getting what he can get. Yeah capitalism! It's commical that you say his prices are compettive then turn around and try justify his higher prices with examples of girlfriends shopping for valentines presents, stereo at best buy, and butchers. You are clearly a different consumer than I am. That is perfectly OK. For me money talks and BS walks. I don't need someone to message my ego and take me through the sales proccess. I don't care to pay for brand new decorated store, 20 sales staff, or a HUMV for the owner either. That's just me. I would rather take the $100 I saved buying the Glock 19 from little shop a few miles away and buy about 8 boxes of practice ammo. Which is exactly what I did. To each their own.

Again go back and read my post. Your reading skills are lacking. Where exactly did I say you had a financial hook?
    I asked if you were just a customer. That can mean anything from friend, family friend, family member, former family member, former associate, employee, business partner, vendor, fanboy, groupie, etc... You clearly are more than just a typical customer. That was my point. Good for you.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I'll consider your arguments with more merit when your grammar and spelling improves beyond 8th grade.
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    I'll consider your arguments with more merit when your grammar and spelling improves beyond 8th grade.

I take that as you couldn't find what you accused me of once you went back and a looked. I suppose it would be easier to insult my spelling and grammar than for you to eat a little crow. Such a credible dismissal given the medium. Who knew online forums had such high grammatical standards. I'm sure all of your thousands of posts on this forum are written with such eloquence. :roll:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Has anyone ever robbed a gun store? Just wondering. :nono: Later,

Yes, I was present for one such attempt, it was very funny, the resulting dog fight over who would take credit for the collar was not so funny, scrawny lil crack head with a fake gun....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996