Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Look what happens after a gun ban.!!!!

This would be the worst nightmare if this were to happen here in the USA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RDWltHxRc

Replies

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,192 Senior Member
    I predict massive non-compliance, or worse - perhaps much worse - if they try that here.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    I predict massive non-compliance, or worse - perhaps much worse - if they try that here.

butt load of guns will get lost in boating accidents..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member

Without a successful revision of the 2nd amendment first this would be deliberately breaking the constitution IMO and therefore abrogating any legal authority the government possesses.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "From my cold, dead hands"!
    Charlton Heston
  • steffen19ksteffen19k Member Posts: 255 Member
    I've posted that video to my facebook page. I'm sure it's going to make me some enemies there.

Lets hope China invades and gives people a new reason to understand what happens when no one can carry guns.
    Here is everything I know about war: Someone wins, Someone loses, and nothing is ever the same again.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    steffen19k wrote: »
    I've posted that video to my facebook page. I'm sure it's going to make me some enemies there.

Lets hope China invades

INVADE!....And how are they going to get here before we blow them to smithereens?

IMO this is the kind of argument that makes us look quite bad and fuels the "antis arsenal".
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • FiveSevenFiveSeven Member Posts: 289 Member
    So how is life in neverland Bruchi?
    Only the optimists suggest that the future is uncertain. The pessimists have done the math.
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    I agree with Vic.
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    I disagree. I see massive compliance...with a "mandatory buy back", that is. Confiscation would be illegal theft by government, and the legal system would prevent it. After that, though, the law of unintended consequences would kick in. After the government buys our AR and AK and hi cap handgun mags, we start to adapt. Unfortunately the Desert Eagle fits the old AW def, but we can still get 10mm Glocks and 45 cal Beretta CX4 Storms and Hi-Point 4595 carbines. Or, if you have the coins, there is a particular American made bolt action long range rifle...cannot say the name, as we do not know who is monitoring...to satisfy your target shooting hobby needs.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
    bowserb wrote: »
    I disagree. I see massive compliance...with a "mandatory buy back", that is. Confiscation would be illegal theft by government, and the legal system would prevent it. After that, though, the law of unintended consequences would kick in. After the government buys our AR and AK and hi cap handgun mags, we start to adapt. Unfortunately the Desert Eagle fits the old AW def, but we can still get 10mm Glocks and 45 cal Beretta CX4 Storms and Hi-Point 4595 carbines. Or, if you have the coins, there is a particular American made bolt action long range rifle...cannot say the name, as we do not know who is monitoring...to satisfy your target shooting hobby needs.

Imagine if our Founding Fathers gave in to ''mandatory buyback'' when it came to signing their names...
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    This would be the worst nightmare if this were to happen here in the USA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RDWltHxRc

Glockman, thank you for putting this on here. This is one of the best examples of how astray gun control will take us. Gun control Libtards are the truly insane among us.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    Imagine if our Founding Fathers gave in to ''mandatory buyback'' when it came to signing their names...
    There are lots of things now that seem unimaginable for 200 years ago. Imagine if 49% of their population were being supported by the other 51%. Imagine luxury housing (putting greens, pools, workout rooms, saunas--documented Sec 8 Housing in Houston, Texas), cell phones, food including restaurants, medical care, cable TV...for 49% of the population paid for by the remaining tiny majority of taxpayers.

The facts of living in America today, as other than exceptionally rich, or designated as "poor", would seem far fetched even forty years ago, yet they are how it is. The federal government says, "We will give you your original purchase price plus 10% for your now-illegal AR-15, AK-47, and other "assault weapons", plus the same deal for your over-10 round capacity handgun magazines." You will comply, because you are part of that 51% of Americans who pay taxes and otherwise obey the law. So will I. Then we look for alternatives. Handguns in .50 cal, pistol caliber carbines, Barrett .50 cal rifles, we do what remains legal after the buyback, and we make the most of it.

There are no more patriots. Only criminals in and out of government. Most of the Founding Fathers died or lost their fortunes. People aren't willing to do that anymore. Remember, almost half our population is supported by the government (with our money).
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
    bowserb wrote: »
    There are lots of things now that seem unimaginable for 200 years ago. Imagine if 49% of their population were being supported by the other 51%. Imagine luxury housing (putting greens, pools, workout rooms, saunas--documented Sec 8 Housing in Houston, Texas), cell phones, food including restaurants, medical care, cable TV...for 49% of the population paid for by the remaining tiny majority of taxpayers.

The facts of living in America today, as other than exceptionally rich, or designated as "poor", would seem far fetched even forty years ago, yet they are how it is. The federal government says, "We will give you your original purchase price plus 10% for your now-illegal AR-15, AK-47, and other "assault weapons", plus the same deal for your over-10 round capacity handgun magazines." You will comply, because you are part of that 51% of Americans who pay taxes and otherwise obey the law. So will I. Then we look for alternatives. Handguns in .50 cal, pistol caliber carbines, Barrett .50 cal rifles, we do what remains legal after the buyback, and we make the most of it.

There are no more patriots. Only criminals in and out of government. Most of the Founding Fathers died or lost their fortunes. People aren't willing to do that anymore. Remember, almost half our population is supported by the government (with our money).

With that mind set I now see how Hitler rose to power.