Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Firefighters ambushed, 4 shot and 2 killed

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,462 Senior Member
This is a sad story. Apparently the gunman killed his grandmother with a hammer in 1980. My blood is boiling right now. This sick set fire to a house, and waited. Here is the radio traffic, and I have got to say, it makes my vision very blurry. May those brave men rest in peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7VXwnyAvp8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I will say this, at my job, it's against federal law to have a firearm, but at my volunteer dept, my ccw fits well inside my gear.... I've had to defend myself after the scene was deemed safe by LE, and fighting off a meth head with a halligan isn't fun. Here is an idea, how about instead of going after the guns, we hold the people who allow someone like this to walk free accountable? Here is the story
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/12/24/webster-new-york-firefighter-shot/1788917/
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I saw this about 12 hrs ago when I got up.....and thought of you. It's still making me sick to my stomach. It also made me think of the movie American History X......makes me more of a proponent for the death penalty.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    When I was a young tick, part of our first due was in the worst part of town. There were several occasions on which we would have to call for LE support before we could go in, and we were more than happy to sit in the wagon and watch stuff burn until they arrived.

Some sick people just saw us as an extension of The Man and got their kicks by throwing whatever at us when we arrived. Never got shot at, but growing up on the South Side did influence my choice of hobbies...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    If I had a dollar for every time someone thought I was the po po. It's like, do you see the big red freaking truck?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,444 Senior Member
    That's sad beyond belief. The 'justice system' failed in 1980 when it didn't put him away for life +99 years when he pleaded guilty to manslaughter to prevent a trial on murder charges.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    If I had a dollar for every time someone thought I was the po po. It's like, do you see the big red freaking truck?

I lived in North Long Beach (think South Compton) during the Rodney King riots. The cretins shot at the fire fighters so much they stopped responding. Then they complained that the neighborhood had burned down.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    In some neighborhoods, that big water monitor on top of the fire engine needs to be supplemented with a Ma Deuce! The idiot who perpetrated this attack should have been given a 10-minute ride on Old Sparky the first time.
    Jerry
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    :angel2:

I hope that freaking bastige is burning in Hell right now and nobody puts out the fire.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Prayers for my brother firefighters and their families. Too bad the rotten scumbag didn't set himself on fire.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    He set his sister's house on fire to lure the fighters so he could ambush them. So far his sister is unaccountable, probably in the burned out house.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,301 Senior Member
    Had a local case yesterday
    http://www.abc3340.com/story/20436989/man-arrested-for-shooting-at-firefighters
    Luckily fireman wasn't hit
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Really more common than any of us want to admit. Puts in perspective the comment from one of the Chiefs of my department, " We do not go into dangerous situations." (IE armed and dangerous "customers") Wish I could figure out what he has been smoking, must be some real good stuff.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    I was in electronics school in 1968 with a former Detroit resident who bragged about his neighbors shooting at anyone in a uniform, police or fireman, during the riots a year earlier. Those scumbags burned down huge parts of the city, in riots that took 5 days to pacify. Several other cities got the same treatment in the following few years. I never could understand the logic in destroying one's home neighborhood as some sort of "protest"! They seldom got rebuilt. The Watts area of Los Angeles looked like a bombed-out war zone for years after the dummies burned it down!
    Jerry
    One area North of us used to have problems every Halloween, fires would be set, and once the first responders showed up, they would drop trees behind and in front of the vehicles and then shoot the light bars off.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Teach wrote: »
    In some neighborhoods, that big water monitor on top of the fire engine needs to be supplemented with a Ma Deuce! The idiot who perpetrated this attack should have been given a 10-minute ride on Old Sparky the first time.
    Jerry

I once suggested to my Captain that we use the monitor to 'discourage' the clowns throwing stuff at us; on the record he told me that would be irresponsible and reflect poorly on the Company, but off the record he loved the idea and wished we could do it!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    I was in electronics school in 1968 with a former Detroit resident who bragged about his neighbors shooting at anyone in a uniform, police or fireman, during the riots a year earlier. Those scumbags burned down huge parts of the city, in riots that took 5 days to pacify. Several other cities got the same treatment in the following few years. I never could understand the logic in destroying one's home neighborhood as some sort of "protest"! They seldom got rebuilt. The Watts area of Los Angeles looked like a bombed-out war zone for years after the dummies burned it down!
    Jerry

Same with DC. Dad was posted to the Navy Dept in '68, and we arrived just in time to see the riots after Dr King's murder. Most of Southeast DC and parts of Arlington, VA burned, and much of it stayed burnt out for years.

NRA Endowment Member
    In 1972 when we were in the process of giving Okinawa back to Japan, the civilian employees of the Base Exchange, the Commissary, and the chow halls went on strike over the salary conversion rate from Dollars to Yen. The base commander pulled a Ronald Reagan and fired all of them, and hired US dependents to fill the available jobs. That sparked riots, including huge crowds trying to block the vehicle access lanes to the base gates. The commander called out the base firefighters, and helped them man a 2" hose to clear the way. Problem solved!
    Jerry
    In 1972 when we were in the process of giving Okinawa back to Japan, the civilian employees of the Base Exchange, the Commissary, and the chow halls went on strike over the salary conversion rate from Dollars to Yen. The base commander pulled a Ronald Reagan and fired all of them, and hired US dependents to fill the available jobs. That sparked riots, including huge crowds trying to block the vehicle access lanes to the base gates. The commander called out the base firefighters, and helped them man a 2" hose to clear the way. Problem solved!
    Jerry

That'll leave a mark!:tooth: