Home › Main Category › Clubhouse
Well so to speak. Been rough here lately and had spent a few nights on the streets and in my car which isn't fun when temps are dropping in the low 20's. Anyhow, back home (I guess,) and just going day to day. But what I'm really getting at with this post........ You all might recall where I started a previous post about my dad having lung cancer. Well they found out by biopsy that he isn't early stage 1, but late stage 3. He has also been informed that he has had emphazema and copd for at least the past 7 years. So what I'm getting at is that even if he does somehow beat this lung cancer, he will still suffer in his quality of life and require the oxygen that he is already on just to function. I've decided that I want to give him one of my lungs or at least a lobe "partial." I'm sure he will refuse and fight me tooth and nail, but I've already done the research, contacted a renowned Dr, and asked the necessary questions. If my dad agrees and our screening checks out, we get the green light. Of course, half the battle is getting him to accept this from me. Anybody here know of anybody that's gone through this or similar?