Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

School Obama's Daughters Attend Has 11 Armed Guards

2»

Replies

  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    No one here has an inside on why parents send their kids to any school, including one any president of the US sends or has sent his kids, maybe it is a great school, maybe is on the way to their office, maybe it is where their neighbors, coworkers, snob relatives send theirs an they "can't be less", maybe they figure it will be good for their kids to start networking early on, and yes maybe because there are armed guards as part of the staff, geez maybe even for a number of reasons, not just one, there are many motivations possible but whichever can be used as "ammo" to attack those that have a different position as ours on something must be the one as it serves bias.

    I'll take one more swing at this...

    If people like David Gregory think that guns around school children "will ultimately end up with more dead kids", why does he send his kids there? If he is so fundamentally against guns around children, why in the hell would risk his kids around 11 armed men? Plus the armed SS protection because Obama's kids are there. That's allota guns just waiting to shoot a kid.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    *tap* *tap* is this thing on?

    Have you even bothered reading the posts that seem to be offending you so much?!

    "coolgunguy" there is a lot of factual data offered here, thing of it is that as much as this factual tidbits of stuff makes, defends a point to a group of same thinking folks it does not automatically has the same meaning and strength accross the board. It just prays to a particular choir that due to constant patting in the back becomes to a degree close minded to confrontational exposure.

    I am not offended, why would you think so, do you gather that saying this reduces, denigrates what I am trying to contribute?

    It is just my nature, this should not be a surprise here by now, to try and take the time and effort to expose a point with what amounts to me as facts and common sense with a hope of to either sink in or be educated by responses in the same spirit and effort instead of being lazily told that "I don't get it" or the use of very large letters, neither accepting AGAIN, the thinking that quantity GIFTS being right.

    If you have a point make the effort to share it, if you are too lazy to do so, ignore the poster and if you can't make a point ponder and consider if even so lightly that you might not have such a strong one.

    I can always be wrong, happens all the time to all of us, has happened here before and I have benefited from great education by the forum's members, never when it comes to "our gun rights", there is no "wiggle room" there and this can fall into fanaticism which is never a good thing.

    Thing is would appreciate instead of the very big letters, very worn self serving crutches etc. and actual effort made to enlighten me taking in consideration that to educate anyone what you teach has to make sense to EVERYONE not just to those that agree with you, this unless the goal is to get a pack on the back or gain another "fanatic" to your cause.

    Perhaps instead of expressing honestly my non welcomed by the local choir take on stuff, I should limit myself to gun things or non confrontational stuff as sharing recipes for Puertorrican food and self censor my right to self expression.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Well, friend...I give you points for effort. Self-censorship seems redundant to me as you are quite adept at ignoring the point while still servicing the thread.

    As for recipes, I'm always game for new ones. Maybe you'd like to trade? :tooth:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Well, friend...I give you points for effort. Self-censorship seems redundant to me as you are quite adept at ignoring the point while still servicing the thread.

    As for recipes, I'm always game for new ones. Maybe you'd like to trade? :tooth:

    Actually is not ""servicing the thread" is attempting to take it beyond a simplistic view, take if further and expound on it to go further than being cute which should be a positive, welcomed effort, one I clearly fail at and that it only alienates me and makes me the forum's NAGGER, perhaps because when MORE than patting ourselves on the back is not part of the forum's spirit and something that is frowned upon here, so for the self censorship deal.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Bruchi, I think you either fail to grasp the hypocrisy involved, or are deliberately ignoring the point of this thread. Pointing out when someone is a hypocrite is not "patting ourselves on the back" so for once we will have to just agree to disagree.

    Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    bruchi,

    Why not just make the argument that you think is valid? What is involved here is a simple, basic principle. There are no gray areas, if you take the politics and money out of the equation - just a matter of "what's good for the goose is good for the gander."

    Make the argument as to why armed adults in schools is such a terrible idea for my kids, but a good idea for their kids. The president and other politicians understand that their children are at higher risk than most, and so have determined that the answer to that problem is armed guards in the schools. So, if my community decides that our kids face risks, also, then why is arming adults to counter that risk a bad idea? Forget about the details of how it would work, or who would pay for it, and just argue the basic principle.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Bisley, etc., first of all I am for allowing responsible law abiding adults to CCW in schools, also for armed guards at all schools.

    There where plenty of guns around and we did not have mass killings in schools decades ago, much less in such numbers, at least that I know, from the early days of this nation to the present politician's children, both of Republican and Democrat parents had protection details, at school and everywhere else and this was totally acceptable, fair to assume that politicians on both sides of the fence have sent and presently send their kids to schools where there are armed guards, perhaps some Republican parents send their kids to the same school Obama sends his daughters.

    This topic, it is not aimed to all politicians, it is directly aimed at one side.

    The reality that politicians children have had protection other than the average kid and this for a very long time makes pointing out NOW that certain politicos, by name, that are not liked send their kids to a school where there are armed guards an agenda driven point and not one directed at the real problem which more than deserves to be confronted with decisively and not diluted with "cute" non-points that feed the personal political opinion of many of this forum's members.

    IMO the real issue is not of a political agenda nature, the REAL issue is that designating schools as "gun fee zones" has created a haven for very unstable folks, that this escalates the hurt they can create as it makes them the only armed person in the school and it only takes them seconds to do a lot of damage and police takes at best minutes to get there, in many a case to find the killer dead by his own hand so the damage this person was capable of has been already done.

    By contrast in situations as this where CCW is allowed this has functioned in stopping the unstable person from doing as much damage as they could but if we insist on clouding this facts with cute political agendas we become part of the problem instead of using that energy to be on the side that propels a solution.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    This topic, it is not aimed to all politicians, it is directly aimed at one side.

    So what? A sound principle is a sound principle, regardless of which way it is politicized.

    All of the politics can be put aside, and simple logic applied, to diminish this problem. It only requires a willingness to set aside prejudices and look at hard facts, and try realistic solutions. The very fact that private institutions, of all sorts, that employ armed guards, do not ever suffer these kinds of atrocities is a place to begin the debate. It is one possible solution out of dozens of others, and should not be ruled out.

    Do you honestly believe that the president's party will ever engage this issue without using party-line campaigning tactics?
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    I get it now, they do it so we must steep to the same level, i don't play that game but it is a "free country" go hog wild then.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    OK, I give up.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,112 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    OK, I give up.

    Use bigger letters :tooth:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Use bigger letters :tooth:

    That's about as effective a point defense they can muster...and of course claiming anyone that sees stuff from a different place that "they don't understand..."
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Bruchi,
    I get what you're saying. If I may, I'll put your point in my own words: The problem that exists is that all of our children deserve to be protected as best we can, which in response to our current national debate, should include armed guards at every school. However, in making that point and attempting to convince those who disagree with it, we (those who would advocate for armed guards and/or CCW for teachers, parents, etc.) should be careful not to diminish the importance of the issue by pointing out that our current president's children attend a school with armed guards, thereby reducing the argument to a business-as-usual partisan political issue. How am I doing so far?
    It would seem to me that this issue is more about class than political persuasion; the 'haves' deserve more protection than the 'have-nots' (in opinion of the 'haves'). I agree that this point can be muddled by the usual liberal-bashing, but keep in mind that (I think) if you were to ask them, the vast majority of those who would be against gun rights, and in this case, greater access by teachers and administrators, and the placement of armed guards, would be liberal-leaning (at least) in their political opinions. That would make it logical to direct a counter-point at those who are widely seen, recognized, and demonstrated, as liberals, lefties, and to a large extent, democrats. Which, (surprise!), includes our current president.
    Anyway, I get your point, and I think it has merit; we should remember that this isn't a matter of simple liberal vs. conservative thinking, but rather a disparity in the application of 'rules' between those who can afford to do as they please and the rest of us who have to play by the 'rules'. But that doesn't mean that we can/should ignore the blatantly apparent political characteristics of the opposition.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,238 Senior Member
    It should be standard in every school in the nation - my kids go to high school at Blue Valley West here in Overland Park, they have two Resource officers on campus at all time. Officer Neal carries a Glock, and Officer Tousey carries a taser, got to love Kansas.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    OK, I get it. I'm right, but because I am prejudiced against left-wing politicians, and because I think the people who support them are either idiots or dishonest, my opinion is disqualified. Truth is not really truth, unless the person who speaks it can do it without hurting anyone's feelings. What a great problem-solving atmosphere.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Truth is not really truth, unless the person who speaks it can do it without hurting anyone's feelings. What a great problem-solving atmosphere.

    The truth, which I do not have a monopoly on, HURTS and it does so quite often, where in the world you got that one!

    Maybe what defeats a problem solving atmosphere is the "quantity gifts the truth" and the "either with us or against us" mentality?

    Say what you will against public figures, it comes with the territory, if they don't have a thick enough skin they don't belong in the public eye. Just try no to use tragedies, lot's of other more apt material left?

    A sampling of your jewels:

    What a load of BS bruchi...

    Once again, your abilty to look past or even ignore the point simply amazes me...

    As the topic originator, I will speak up considering how thick you are...

    Good post Alec!....maybe if you make the type size REALLY BIG, it will sink in.....

    Ok, Jayhawker, I can do that..................

    Ummm....Alec, you forgot to type s-l-o-w-l-y.

    *tap* *tap* is this thing on?

    Use bigger letters...




    My apologies to anyone whose feelings I hurt.

    I am leaving it at that, I am sure we all can agree on one thing, I have bugged all with this way too much.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I rest my case. Thank you for demonstrating the point I was making...very timely.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I rest my case. Thank you for demonstrating the point I was making...very timely.

    :agree:
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement