Gen. Schwarzkopf has died, Thu 12/27

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Just heard on Foxnews that Gen. Schwarzkopf has died. I assume of natural causes.

He was one of those tough military leaders whose time came at precisely when his country needed him, similar to Patton in The Bulge.

On another note, George Bush (41) has been admitted to critical care and has taken a turn for the worse. I'm concerned that he may not be with us much longer. He was in the regular Methodist Hospital in Houston since Thanksgiving and was hoping to go home by Christmas, but he's now in ICU.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    RIP Bear! :usa:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    Two great Americans! It is too bad that these two men had to see what is happening to us now.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    I hardly know what to say. The General died today, my 74th birthday. My last duty station was U.S. CENTCOM at McDill in Tampa. I was there when the General took Command in '89. I briefed him a few times on Intel matters related to the Mid East.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,967 Senior Member
    Rest in Peace Sir....Thank you for your service...

Keeping President Bush in our prayers....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,738 Senior Member
    RIP Gen "Stormin' Norman" :angel: You were the man your country needed you to be, when we needed you :usa:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,278 Senior Member
    Per his sister:
    A sister of Schwarzkopf, Ruth Barenbaum of Middlebury, Vt., said that he died in Tampa, Fla., from complications from pneumonia.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/27/norman-schwarzkopf-dead_n_2372657.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D250291

As Sam said, he was the perfect guy at the perfect time for the first Gulf War. RIP
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,002 Senior Member
    The lesson of Schwarzkopf and Bush 41 - Schwarzkopf saw what had to be done militarily and Bush got out of his way and let him do it. Thanks to the both of them for showing the world how it SHOULD be done. . .not that we seem to have learned from it, but thanks all the same.:iwo:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,413 Senior Member
    RIP General!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Patton in the Bulge???? What are you smoking Sam...NUTS!! IT was General Taylor and staff (namely Gen McAuliffe) of the 101st that came through in the Bulge....The 101st keep the Germans on the correct side of the Line the whole time.

Stormin Normin was a Great General...Not only did he influence the American Army, but he showed the Russians a need to redesign the T-55, T-64, and T-2 with reverse lights...
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Oh Jeez Shane, your chicken wings are showing again!!!! LMAO!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,940 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    :angel2::usa::usa::usa::usa:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,616 Senior Member
    RIP General. :usa:
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 405 Member
    RIP General!
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 349 Member
    Sad News. The man was a great leader and did an excelent job on the first Gulf War... (although I think President Bush should have allowed him another 48 hours to finish the job before declaring a cease fire )
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    :angel2: :usa: :angel2:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • skwirrelskwirrel Member Posts: 175 Member
    I was in AVA school during deasert storm, I will never forget them.
    Live long and prosper.
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    Rest easy General