My new definition of irony...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 19,447 Senior Member
Had my first post-op rehab today. First thing out of the therapist's mouth was, "They didn't give you a sling or anything to wear?" I tell him they did so he asks, "Why aren't you wearing it?" I explain that since it was NOT a rotator cuff tear, just impingement from scar tissue :blah: :blah: He proceeds to fuss. :hand:

Later, while he's checking my range of motion (RoM) he expresses amazement at how much "pain free" RoM I have. I wanted to slap his forehead and tell him, "DUH, I've been using my arm instead keeping it tied down, so what did you expect? :bang:"

He later got a copy of the post-op report from the surgeon and confirmed what I'd told him and released me from even "supposedly" wearing the immobilizer.

I just found it ironic that one minute he's fussing about me not wearing the darned thing and the next expressing amazement in my RoM and thought some of you might get a chuckle out of it.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Guess he ain't never seen something like "Recoil-proof Paul" before.....lmao!

"Ya'll down with RPP!!!!?" :tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    when I was in cardiac rehab, they kept nagging me to start lifting weights..
    One Friday it told them.. "...if you want to watch me lift weights, I got 400 square bales coming tomorrow.. you can even HELP me 'lift weights'.."

they never bothered me about it again..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Wife starts her therapy today. The last doc appointment, he told her not to use the sling except when out and about, just to kind of protect the shoulder. She has not been wearing it either.
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,447 Senior Member
    avmech wrote: »
    Wife starts her therapy today.
    She might want to take one of her pain meds before she goes, if her's goes anything like mine did
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,052 Senior Member
    Paul:
    Glad to see it is going so well.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,299 Senior Member
    Glad you are doing well, I usually want people to wear their slings in public though, folks tend to give you more personal space then and no incidental contact to possibly re-injure it.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    It is insane how those that are there to take care of our health simply stop using whatever gray matter they got and simply became robots.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    Thanks guys.
    Yep Bruchi, seems that way

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    There are exceptions of course, I just spend a couple of weeks at the hospital, they where very diligent about keeping the antibiotics going but everything else was potluck, now I am still getting the antibiotics via IV and getting my ulcer taken care of but at home, a nurse comes in every day and there I lucked out, this lady is an incredible pro!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    She did well. As far as the medsgo, she knows to do that due to her knee replacements last year.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    avmech wrote: »
    She did well. As far as the medsgo, she knows to do that due to her knee replacements last year.
    Cool :up:
    Just figured a friendly reminder wouldn't hurt :beer:

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Well, knite, you gotta give the guy the benefit of the doubt -- he was just going thru the normal precautions and that was his job. If you'd been the majority of post-op patients he'd have been helping you. Good that you got everything squared away, though.

Best wishes in your recuperation.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
    Thanks Sam :beer:

(and nice to see you FINALLY got my name right :tooth: )

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Yeah, knife, best of luck with your recovery!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Yeah, knife, best of luck with your recovery!
    Hey Colt, there's a reason why they quit sending mules to school "imoit:

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    And to think, I was just here giving you words of encouragement :jester:
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock