Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Letter writing time guys.

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 8,249 Senior Member
Very little gets me pissed enough to wade directly into the poo-vat of politics, but the gun control ranting resulting from the CT shooting has managed to do it.

The long and short of it - Republicans still hold the House, and they need to be told that this is an issue we draw the line on; that the "fiscal cliff" is chump change when compared to personal freedom. Democrats too, for that matter, need to be reminded of where their voters stand, and ESPECIALLY need to be reminded what happened in the 1994 mid-term election when they floated this turd the last time.

So at this moment, I've written to my local Freshman Democrat Congressman to spell out the facts of life; to Speaker Boehner informing him of my wish that he stand firm against this; and even to my dear Senator Dianne Feinstein indicating that she may not be doing her party any favors. I doubt I'm done, but that'll do for tonight.

My point guys, is that we do a lot of venting here, but PLEASE do some venting where it might do some good. Preach to thems that ain't already converted.
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Yep, nothing like a long, heartfelt letter being intercepted by multiple secretaries to just be balled up and thrown in the trash. Sounds harsh, but the truth is, not one man has the time to intervene in that amount of mail.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    Any senator worth a damn (not sure how many of them are) will at the very least have their secretaries make note of repeat topics, and on hot topics at the very least keep a tally of the "yea" and "nay" letters coming in. It's better than nothing.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    Yep, nothing like a long, heartfelt letter being intercepted by multiple secretaries to just be balled up and thrown in the trash. Sounds harsh, but the truth is, not one man has the time to intervene in that amount of mail.

Yes, but you just vented to ME, that Paragon of Sympathy.:whip2:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    you ask me....the loonies are targeting the wrong target.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Any senator worth a damn...

I thought mine was worth a damn, but he was just arrested for DUI. Sen Larry Craig was busted for soliciting men in a public restroom. That is just Idaho senators. Sorry boys, the democrats do not have the hypocrisy market cornered.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hmmmm- - - - -I get prompt responses from my Congressman, addressing specific questions I've asked. Doesn't everybody get that level of response? Of course, he's only a 2nd-termer, and a Tea Party conservative to boot. One of my Senators is a waste of oxygen, and he's a RINO. I'm hoping he will retire at the end of this term so we can put somebody in his place who isn't just counting the minutes until they start shoveling the dirt over him.
    Jerry
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,914 Senior Member
    I too have always received replies from my Congressmen when I have e-mailed/written them....Thoug one reply I received from that idiot Stabmenow was written on a Big Chief tablet with a crayon....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    "......one reply I received from that idiot Stabmenow was written on a Big Chief tablet with a crayon.... "

Hey, I remember those ...........I wouldn't mind having one now fer notes and such :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    It is not quite time to write letters. I am waiting for the new session to start in a week or so, but I agree that it is imperative that we write. They might not read our letters individually, but they do take notice of the volume of letters that are for or against a position. Even if a senator or representative is totally for gun control, it is still worth the effort. It won't change their minds, but it might sway them toward something a bit more watered down.

If you do not know which US Representative is yours, find them here...
    http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    I e-mailed mine the other day. I have had a lot of face time with him, he used to be the mayor of the city I work for.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY