Most users ever online!

shootershooter Senior MemberPosts: 1,186 Senior Member
Did anyone else notice that the forum had the most users, ever, online the morning after the most recent school shooting?

Do you suppose that curious folks tuned in to see our reactions?

"Most users ever online was 520, 12-16-2012 at 07:02 AM."
There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!

Replies

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    We have to be very careful on what we say and exponentially on what we post here and elsewhere all the times, I mean, this is a forum for all to see, more so after incidents like this, stop the sometimes ego driven silly "creative" 2nd amendment/guns don't kill people....rants and communicate instead of falling into sound bytes that mean something to us but nothing to the uneducated and share well based information clearly and honestly, the truth told in the simplest terms will always disarm those that let ignorance take over them.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,346 Senior Member
    I would like to think that folks come here to get good information. The number of people on here at any given time has doubled or more over the last year or so. I have also noticed that while the self defense forum is the slowest as far as posts and threads go, it gets an amazing amount of page views. The rule of thumb for page views is typically 10 for every post. Some of the older self defense threads have 50, 60... 100 page views per post!
    To give an example:
    This thread...
    http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?296-What-is-your-most-reliable-and-accurate-pistol-and-why
    ...currently has 35,000 page views. I noticed it a few weeks ago when it had just 25,000 views (which is pretty amazing by itself).
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Perhaps as well more new members asking for advice on their first defense gun?
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Look at the number of non-members who are online at any particular time. Those of us who keep the post count going probably don't stop to think how many folks are reading over our shoulders all the time.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    The community list is full of names that never post
    and probably do not log in.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,186 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    We have to be very careful on what we say and exponentially on what we post here and elsewhere all the times, I mean, this is a forum for all to see, more so after incidents like this, stop the sometimes ego driven silly "creative" 2nd amendment/guns don't kill people....rants and communicate instead of falling into sound bytes that mean something to us but nothing to the uneducated and share well based information clearly and honestly, the truth told in the simplest terms will always disarm those that let ignorance take over them.

If I understand what you're saying, we should tiptoe around and tone down the rhetoric,...sorta dumb it down and cater to the lowest common denominator.....Hmmmmmm, Yeah...that's gonna happen....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Look at the number of non-members who are online at any particular time. Those of us who keep the post count going probably don't stop to think how many folks are reading over our shoulders all the time.
    Jerry

And that is the reason why we must act/post/respond as gentlemen.....with a little flippancy towards our own.....:tooth:

"Teach, don't chide"......it's a rule we must abide by to show we are the responsible lot.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Jerry

Well, I think that all those lurkers is a good thing. Maybe they will pick up some information useful to them. Or a subject that makes them think about things that they might not otherwise consider. I say nothing here that I wouldn't say in public, and don't say here a lot of things I do say in public. Some things are best left for face-to-face communication only to prevent a severe misunderstanding or misinterpretation.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    The inside jokes among regular members and the occasional troll-lynching is all good, but I'd hate to think someone took something I've said in jest seriously and did something dumb at the range or the reloading bench that got him or someone else hurt. When we're joking, we need to make it REALLY obvious. Of course some of our own crew of misfits can benefit from that rule, too! Mike has a good point- - - -think twice and speak once; somebody out there in cyberspace might be paying close attention to what you're saying!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    So you're saying I can't load up a bunch of envelopes with Tannerite and shoot at the Fed Ex plane as it leaves the airport!?

Hold on....knock at the door....3 burly guys in black suits.....does the FBI like regular coffee or decaf?....:tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    So you're saying I can't load up a bunch of envelopes with Tannerite and shoot at the Fed Ex plane as it leaves the airport!?

Hold on....knock at the door....3 burly guys in black suits.....does the FBI like regular coffee or decaf?....:tooth:

They like double latte mocha frappes. And I deny all accusations and make counter accusations as to how that knowledge came into my possession. :troll::roll2:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

tennmike wrote: »
    They like double latte mocha frappes.
    CPJ and BML are FBI?
    No worries.....I have no recollection of this conversation, and I've only been talking to the voices in my head....suger or sweet n low?
    Jermanator wrote: »
    CPJ and BML are FBI?

Don't forget ZEE.......:devil:
    Now you are just being paranoid. Not everyone here is a federal agent.

Edit... I like mine black.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,496 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »

No. I'm sick to death of folks telling me ('me' as in gunowner, or Christian, or conservative, etc.) that I have to 'tone down' my rhetoric in order to facilitate a kinder, gentler conversation about the best way to 'reasonably' limit my freedoms. To all those who cry for me (us) to politely discuss this issue: Pound sand. Repeatedly. With gusto. When you're done with that, find more sand.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    CPJ and BML are FBI?

Now that you mention it.....................:rotflmao:
    No worries.....I have no recollection of this conversation, and I've only been talking to the voices in my head....suger or sweet n low?

No sugar or sweet 'n' low in my coffee, please. And the voices in my head come up with such interesting ideas! Like firing the House and Senate in any year in which a balanced budged is not passed. Just keep voting them and firing them until we get a group that has some small understanding of the Constitution. That would be a great start. But one of the voices in my head says that wouldn't work as it too much resembles trying to herd cats. And another one says herding cats is easy if you have a can opener and lots of cans of tuna! :tooth:

I like mine black.

I Like my coffee like my women, black and to the point!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    One member reportedly defiled a portrait of J. Edger Hoover and another gets sexually aroused by pictures of old liberal Congresswomen ..........:jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    CPJ and BML are FBI?
    hywtccw.jpg
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • skwirrelskwirrel Member Posts: 175 Member
    I was in Cabelas the other day. The gun section is pretty well picked over.
    Live long and prosper.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    I try to post facts, statistics and studies that disprove the false statements made by the gun control crowd and media reporters. I include links to this information. I also use this same information, in letters to the editor to my local paper and USATODAY when when accept publishing it. Therefore I am not concerned about being read by anyone on this forum, as if the facts can be linked, maybe some will be enlightened, let's hope.