Got a suggestion for Bloomberg- - - - -

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,347 Senior Member
How about doing a psychiatric evaluation of anyone who wants to buy a subway ticket? With the recent trend toward nutcases pushing commuters in front of subway trains, it's getting more dangerous to ride the trains than it is to risk armed robbery or a school massacre. Maybe a 10-day waiting period before buying a train ticket, with a mandatory checkup by a shrink? It makes as much sense as banning Big Gulp sodas!
Jerry
Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite

Replies

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    It will never happen. The sub is an inanimate object, we can't ban them because a few nut cases use them to commit murder.

But guns on the other hand are evil.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Imagine being a LEO and riding the subway, I had enough experiences to last a lifetime.

The tunnel between the J line and the N trains was especially dangerous.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,718 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    With the recent trend toward nutcases pushing commuters in front of subway trains, it's getting more dangerous to ride the trains than it is to risk armed robbery or a school massacre. Jerry

Probably why politicians have limos.............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Bloomberg can go Hugga Root!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,111 Senior Member
    My suggestion for Bloomberg is to insert something somewhere, but I can't be more specific than that here.

:angry:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,747 Senior Member
    My suggestion for Bloomberg is to insert something somewhere, but I can't be more specific than that here.

:angry:
    I think that's the problem, he already has and the high level of methane and lack of oxygen have affected his brain
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    How about doing a psychiatric evaluation of anyone who wants to buy a subway ticket? With the recent trend toward nutcases pushing commuters in front of subway trains, it's getting more dangerous to ride the trains than it is to risk armed robbery or a school massacre. Maybe a 10-day waiting period before buying a train ticket, with a mandatory checkup by a shrink? It makes as much sense as banning Big Gulp sodas!
    Jerry

Really, this is the best we can do, maybe we should not use this incident to further our political agendas and personal dislikes?

Yes guns, subways, cars, airplanes, baseball bats, hammers, guns, etc. are inanimate objects that can be used for evil, Drano, turpentine, fertilizer and diesel too, lots of stuff that we NEED or make our lives easier can be misused to do harm in the wrong hands but with the exception of guns they are made for other purposes than what guns are "great for", killing, we have to come to terms with this reality.

Don't care how strong you are, you cannot carry a subway train to a gun free zone, it will also not fit in your pants, yes you can do so with a hammer but it will not be as reliable for evil as a gun can be in a DEFENSELESS crowd, most folks will have a chance of outrunning the hammer wielding nut than the bullets from a gun in the hands of a gun wielding nut.

HOW HARD IS TO COME TO TERMS WITH THIS?

IMO, we will not be taken seriously until we do so.

Same way one would not leave a "plugged in" circular saw next to a lone 2 year old the point has to be that we have to find a better way to deal with those that will use guns for evil and make very evident to all that the ship of "keepng guns away from them" sailed long ago, also that ANY GUN in the wrong hands and a defenseless environment will do a lot of harm.

Using ineffective egoistical "cute bias" to attack those we don't like in positions of importance, in the "public eye", is not the answer and I got to repeat this, NOT NOW, this is not the time to fall into that quite insensitive selfish hole!

Repeating myself once more, GUNS, like it or not escalate the amount of harm this folks can do and to do so in very short time, gun free zones of course make this exponentially a bigger problem, also they are the best easily available "tool" for **** so in the spur of the moment with no preparation or planning, this is what makes guns different from other inanimate objects in this very real regard, that or we just do the numbers, 26 innocent dead out of +300 million folks in the US, that's acceptable?

The only answer I find for this is to ease for good citizens to live in an even playing field for lack of better wording when it comes for us to be armed, being able to confront this folks and where we can do so, as JMB wisely said" "An armed society is a polite society".

We all have agendas, some are a must some are not but here we are IMO defeating ourselves with this "simplistic and childist" mentallity.

Okay, time to disregard all of this and add me to those you dislike.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I have a suggestion for Bloomberg.....go teach birth control to Neo-Nazis if you're so smart on what's good for us....
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    Sometimes, I think if we don't put one of those smiley faces, or an LOL or an LMFAO next to a post, then some people don't know its a freakin' JOKE!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    The lack of such should indicate the intention.......you've seen enough of me by now to know when I'm being flippant......when it comes to this guy.....the worst I can say is that some disgruntled soul needs to take this blowhard out.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    Really, this is the best we can do?

Yes guns, subways, cars, baseball bats, hammers and guns are inanimate objects that can be used for evil, Drano, turpentine fertilizer and diesel too, lots of stuff that we NEED or make our lives easier but with the exception of guns they are made for other purposes than killing, we have to come to terms with this reality.

Same way we would not leave a "plugged in" circular saw next to a 2 year old the point has to be that we have to find a better way to deal with those that will use guns for evil as like it or not they escalate the amount of harm they can do and so in short time in the spur of the moment with no preparation or planning, this is what makes guns different to other inanimate objets.

Hammers, a.k.a. war clubs, have a very long history in killing. First ones were just wood, then came stone, then bronze, then iron, and finally steel. A baseball bat is nothing more than a modern version of a caveman's club used for defense and offense. The war club, club and the 2 lb. straight claw framing hammer have one advantage over the firearm; they do not require a pause in the mayhem to reload. And they are all deadly weapons in the wrong hands. But so is a kitchen butcher knife, carving knife, or large meat cleaver. A cheap Bic ink pen is entirely strong enough and long enough to kill.

A mass murder by axe in Viscilla, Iowa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villisca_Axe_Murders

Bet you didn't hear about these incidents in China starting in 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_%282010%E2%80%932012%29
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Lest we not forget the opening scenes in 2001: A Space Odyssey......Once the ape picked up a bone and used it as a weapon to help establish dominance.......survival just followed....he who know how to use the stick wins.
    .....the worst I can say is that some disgruntled soul needs to take this blowhard out.
    I agree.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Movies now?

You could had not made a worst choice of one to make your point.

I understand Kubrick's metaphor, think Cain and Able, he is a great director I respect a lot but still for many reasons we are more developed than apes and this folks are not killing for survival or the fittest or a better seat at the family table...
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    tennmike wrote: »
    Hammers, a.k.a. war clubs, have a very long history in killing. First ones were just wood, then came stone, then bronze, then iron, and finally steel. A baseball bat is nothing more than a modern version of a caveman's club used for defense and offense. The war club, club and the 2 lb. straight claw framing hammer have one advantage over the firearm; they do not require a pause in the mayhem to reload. And they are all deadly weapons in the wrong hands. But so is a kitchen butcher knife, carving knife, or large meat cleaver. A cheap Bic ink pen is entirely strong enough and long enough to kill.

A mass murder by axe in Viscilla, Iowa:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villisca_Axe_Murders

Bet you didn't hear about these incidents in China starting in 2010:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_attacks_in_China_%282010%E2%80%932012%29

DENIAL and FEAR of reality are very, very strong here, it is also an Aquiles heel, it is a matter of a particular tool being incredibly easy to attain and MORE EFFECTIVE for harming defenseless folks. then there is the detachment of reality you do not get with a weapon that requires you to get close, personal and bloody which for folks in a state or mind as this might be appealing to their ongoing state of leaving reality.

IMO forcing oneself to be blind to this and furthering so by looking for what one thinks eases that blindness online is not the answer.

If you read what I say without denial, fear and bias you perhaps will discover that it is very PRO GUN, not cute, not about hate or dislikes but very pro gun.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,347 Senior Member
    If you read what I say without denial, fear and bias you perhaps will discover that it is very PRO GUN, not cute, not about hate or dislikes but very pro gun.

It's the typical sort of mealy-mouthed whining you engage in at every opportunity. Nobody's really interested, but we tolerate it. I was being sarcastic with my post about subways. Next time, I'll announce to one and all in the post title that I'm not serious. Maybe then you won't climb up on your soapbox.
    :roll::roll::roll:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Movies now?

I understand Kubrick's metaphor, think Cain and Able, he is a great director I respect a lot but still for many reasons we are more developed than apes and this folks are not killing for survival or the fittest or a better seat at the family table...

My friend, I believe you missed the intention....if you aren't able to see it, I'm not gonna waste time explaining it to you. I'm sorry brother....we are not that far from primates....this is not theological, but sociatital.
    It's the typical sort of mealy-mouthed whining you engage in at every opportunity. Nobody's really interested, but we tolerate it. I was being sarcastic with my post about subways. Next time, I'll announce to one and all in the post title that I'm not serious. Maybe then you won't climb up on your soapbox.
    :roll::roll::roll:
    Jerry
    After reading that tirade 3 or 4 times, the lack of syntax, punctuation, spelling and the run-on sentences made it difficult to understand any coherent thought. Some people should just not make long-winded posts, especially when they don't understand the premise of the post they are responding to.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I do have a suggestion for Bloomberg, but if I type it here I'd likely get banned for vulgarity.

And not for nothing, but it was Robert Heinlein who stated that "An armed society is a polite society."
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    My friend, I believe you missed the intention....if you aren't able to see it, I'm not gonna waste time explaining it to you. I'm sorry brother....we are not that far from primates....this is not theological, but sociatital.
    \

You mean the pretend intention or the real one?

Seems I am the only one here that owns his personal soapbox, code for: "We don't like what you say, get with the program and play along!

That the majoriity believes any one thing does not magically makes that a fact or the correct thing, example: A majority elected Obama to the White House twice, a majority elected Bloomberg and the rest.

That "everyone" here puts up with me and "KNOWS BETTER" does not GIFT you correctness, neither does just laying on me the blank statement "you don't get it" and leave it at that.

I don't know Bloomberg, Obama, Feinstein, etc., I do not go to work with them, play on the same sports team, they are not my neighbors, we did not grew up next to each other, went to the same schools, we don't "hang", I don't even know anyone remotely connected to them.

I got no clue on what kind of person they are and as much as I don't agree with their positions, they have the same right we all do to choose their side, that is not something that entitles me to hate them and to use any tragedy, small or large to paint them as EVIL, much less as a joke, victims leave loved ones behind them.

Having a difference of belief, of what is right or wrong MORE SO WHEN ALL THE DATA WE HAVE ON THIS FOLKS COMES FROM THE MASS MEDIA is no reason to deem someone evil, that is just hate and the root of an actual evil, prejudice.

That clear enough?

Teach this surprises me as I consider you a very good and decent person, sometimes any one of us puts their foot in their mouth and then owning up to this becomes incredibly hard.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Movies now?

Rubbish (basura) the point made in that movie was how man advanced from primitive to modern once that the concept of making and using weapons became part of human development.

And yes, We are still bald (shaved) apes in any case.
    Human society is not very advanced after all.

Any advanced extraterrestrial society would look at us and see a bunch of gibbering slobbering simians.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996