Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

STOP assuming the worst and READ THIS

kadolio2kadolio2 New MemberPosts: 2 New Member
As gun owners we need to STOP this pessimistic attitude IMMEDIATELY that a new "ban" is going to take place. Lately you hear casual talk like: "when the new ban goes into effect" and "the coming ban" etc, as if this is already a done deal. WAKE UP, because its not! That kind of attitude leads to complacency!

We all need to realize that since the last "ban" expired, this industry has grown tremendously and there are millions of new law-abiding, responsible gun owners out there just like you!

YOU MUST take 3 minutes out of your day from searching for guns, magazine, parts etc, and take that time to WRITE YOUR REPRESENTATIVES at all levels of government. Local, state and most importantly at the federal level. Even if your rep is a huge 2nd amendment person or you live in an area surrounded by folks that don't agree with you... they still must hear from you!

#1) If your representatives are on the other side of the isle, WHO CARES, they still need to hear from you. Even if you are in a district where your representative does not agree with you, lets say under normal conditions 3% of responses on gun issues they get are against gun control. Now lets say because of you and your friends that number jumps to 5%, 10% or 15%+. Regardless if a higher % disagree, it will still be reported to them by their staffers as a new development/trend and it might just make them soften their stance; a softened stance is better than its prior state.

#2) You must understand that your actual representatives will likely NOT read your letter/email. HOWEVER their STAFFERS will read them. This is a NUMBERS GAME.

#3) The staffers keep simple counts for their bosses (your representatives) of how many emails/letters came in FOR or AGAINST additional gun control legislation. The more emails/letters AGAINST new gun control legislation vs. those for it will make your representative think before voting for some new piece of legislation that will have zero effect and will just further impede law abiding owners rights.

#4) Keep your email/letter short and simple. ONE or TWO sentences MAX. Simply state your position and note that you will be encouraging your friends/family and anyone you can talk to, to vote them out of office if they vote for it. DO NOT WASTE TIME trying to laboriously argue/convince them of your position. Remember, when you email them a little counter increments up by one counting your position. Thats what you are trying to affect!

#5) Don't let the other side shout our side down. Make your voice heard. The media needs to hear from us in mass as well. This means writing your local/regional newspapers, including national outlets.

The consequences of NOT acting will lead to long term repercussions.

Do you want to be FINGERPRINTED and PHOTOGRAPHED like a common criminal or not be able to will your private property to your heirs? You should be OUTRAGED and OFFENDED by the suggestion!

Write your representatives today! Its EASY!

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES: http://house.gov/htbin/findrep

SENATE: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

http://nraila.org/get-involved-locally/grassroots/write-your-reps.aspx

PLEASE ALL READERS:

REPOST THIS EVERYWHERE AND EMAIL IT YOUR YOUR FRIENDS/FAMILY!

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Nice first post! Welcome aboard. This thread is worthy of a sticky.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Thanks for the upbeat message. Thankfully my US Rep is John Culberson, an NRA A-rated guy who's a conservative. What a change from Shelia Jackson Lee!

Culberson's one of the reps who's on our side. Whew.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,726 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Nice first post! Welcome aboard. This thread is worthy of a sticky.

I agree.

Welcome to the forum.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Welcome! Wanna be President? :applause: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I concur on making this a sticky in 2A. Act Now!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Welcome, I mean, really welcome!
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    I saw this on Sir George's FB post yesterday and reposted to my wall. Don't know who posted it first.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • SideOfBaconSideOfBacon Member Posts: 111 Member
    Thank you for saying this.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    I'm sending this simple message to all my politicians.

"I do not support any new legislation further restricting firearms in this country. Big picture statistics do not support it. In future elections I will not vote for anyone who does support any such legislation."
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Just emailed my Congressman and my Senator; the first I expect will agree, the latter I'm not so sure...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • kadolio2kadolio2 New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Encouraged to see a lot of responses on this thread and good work everyone for writing. Remember that this is all in the very early stages and be ready to send in more comments as things progress.

REMEMBER: you might not get the response you want or any response. Who cares cause its just how this works!!! The point is that by writing in, you bumped up a counter for our side that will be reported by the staffers to their boss (your rep).

Feel free to REPOST the OP other places and lets bump this as soon as something actually makes it to committee.

Remember that in 1994 when the original one passed, the other side controlled both the house and senate and it only passed by something like 2? Votes. Today the situation is very different... likewise after 94' did anyone ever imagine the bill would expire? Never say never, the future always holds unknowns!

Above all stay positive and don't let yourself get wrapped up in any sense of defeatism. We can do this.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,708 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard. Stealing and reposting on Facebook and other places.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
    Bump.
    -Thomas Paine
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    Got an email back from my Senator stating that she is pushing for stricter enforcement of current laws on the books and not new laws.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    My representative, Dale Kildee (consistently anti-gun) is retiring at the end of this session. I am waiting for the new guy to get sworn in before I start making my stink.
    -Thomas Paine
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    I e-mailed my representatives also...no need however. I'm from Wyoming... and Sen.Barrasso Sen. Enzi & Rep. Lummis are all ProGun. I worry about Representatives from eastern states & California.
  • MurDoc04MurDoc04 Member Posts: 132 Member
    We all need to voice our opinion
  • EturnEturn Member Posts: 317 Member
    Got an email back from my Senator stating that she is pushing for stricter enforcement of current laws on the books and not new laws.

Did you respond back by saying that current laws don't help either and stricter enforcement of them is no different from new laws because the lawless do not obey the law? And end with something to the effect of, "The only way to reduce the number of these violent acts is to fully support the individual's ability to defend themselves from these evil individuals that attack without reason." ???
    “Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”
    Maybe repeating myself here we should break the mold and contact more than just those in Governmemt we have been caged into contacting and let our position be heard by everyone across the board more so to those that intend to curb our rights even if presently we have no say on their immediate political future, many of this folks political agendas are to go further than a local periphery and it does not work for that to grow a backlog of folks that will not take them to where their agenda intends to take them.

If we each send a letter to our designated senator etc. it is one letter they get, if we each send out a dozen letters to the "usual suspects" we wiill present a much larger front and it all takes is another 11 postal stamps.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • MurDoc04MurDoc04 Member Posts: 132 Member
    I wrote everyone I could about where I stand on guns
    The 113th Congress is now sworn in and I sent a short email to my new representative, Dan Kildee, urging him to not support any new gun control measures.
    -Thomas Paine
  • thejoshbthejoshb New Member Posts: 6 New Member
    I would like to add to this subject. We live in a very sad time where we have to defend our "inalienable" rights from hypocritical, personal agenda pushing, power abusing leeches. I have written my congressmen\women several times, all of various length letters. I have made youtube videos to try and get the word out. Have joined the NRA and GOA and have been pushing everyone I know to fight this nonsense along with us. I am absolutely sick to my stomach that we, as law abiding citizens, have to fight to defend out rights of protection, from those who seek to do us harm physically and those who seek to do us harm through legislation. Everyone that is in office now needs to be ejected during the next election (hopefully sooner) and the entire government needs to be revamped.

But anyway, I am posting the first letter that I wrote my representatives below. It is longer, but I tried to hit them with the eloquent speech that they like to use on us to make us feel inferior. By all means, feel free to copy the letter, use it as a starting point for your own or just share around with everyone. We have a responsibility to get the word out and save our freedoms or we will become just another 3rd tier nation under the tyrannical, overzealous, idealistic, hypocrites of the UN. DO NOT let our rights and freedoms erode away.

Senator XXXXXXX,

I am writing you today with the concern that, due to an unspeakable tragedy committed by a heinous individual intent on killing innocent people, my rights are coming under fire.
    The Sandy Hook shooting is unquestionably an act of pure, inexcusable evil, that the pain and sorrow inflicted upon the families of the victims, as well as those in the community and nationally, will never fully heal or be understood. However, as unfortunate as the tragedy was, it is being used as a thinly veiled attempt to attack me and other law abiding citizens’ rights under the guise of “safety”.
    The new legislation that is being discussed and spearheaded by Sen. Dianne Feinstein and other anti-gun representatives/pundits/politicians/lobbyists is in no way related to safety but to the disguised disarmament of the law abiding citizens of this country.
    Banning any sort of weapon from a law abiding citizen does nothing to stop a criminal intent on committing heinous acts of evil.
    Banning magazines of any arbitrarily chosen number of rounds from a law abiding citizen does nothing to stop a criminal intent on committing heinous acts of evil.
    Introducing even more, unnecessary bans or limits to the law abiding citizen does nothing to stop a criminal intent on committing heinous acts of evil. The only thing bans and limitations do, is effectively neuter the law abiding citizen from defending themselves from those intent on committing heinous acts of evil. Criminals, by definition, are those who willfully decide to act outside of the established law. New bans and/or restrictions will do absolutely nothing to prevent the criminals from committing crimes. Again. It only affects the law abiding citizen.

As a law abiding citizen of the state that you represent, I fully expect you to thoughtfully respect and honor the wishes and freedoms granted upon myself, you and all the other law abiding citizens of this great country.
    I will not stand for the personal agenda of Sen. Feinstein and a few other overzealous “representatives” being lobbied against me and my fellow law abiding citizens. I expect for you not to as well.

Thank you for your time regarding my concerns with this matter.

xxxxxxxx
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Good post, Welcome. What State do you live in?
    104RFAST wrote: »
    Good post, Welcome. What State do you live in?

Thanks. I'm in NC

Edit: Here is the just latest, quick video I made on this subject. I think we all understand that this needs to be shared with everyone they know to remind them of the way the government is supposed to work and to get them involved in letting the government know that we will not support any new legislation.

Link to share: http://youtu.be/IXk9TduaFSw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IXk9TduaFSw&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope it is ok for me to post a video here. If not, apologies.
    I gather that limiting oneself to reaching ONLY your local representative is a wise idea, I mean, stamps are hard to come by and it is not like some of them have plans on furthering their political careers to a national level.
    thejoshb wrote: »

I am writing you today with the concern that, due to an unspeakable tragedy committed by a heinous individual intent on killing innocent people, my rights are coming under fire.
    The Sandy Hook shooting is unquestionably an act of pure, inexcusable evil, that the pain and sorrow inflicted upon the families of the victims, as well as those in the community and nationally, will never fully heal or be understood. However, as unfortunate as the tragedy was, it is being used as a thinly veiled attempt to attack me and other law abiding citizens’ rights under the guise of “safety”.
    The new legislation that is being discussed and spearheaded by Sen. Dianne Feinstein and other anti-gun representatives/pundits/politicians/lobbyists is in no way related to safety but to the disguised disarmament of the law abiding citizens of this country.
    Banning any sort of weapon from a law abiding citizen does nothing to stop a criminal intent on committing heinous acts of evil.
    Banning magazines of any arbitrarily chosen number of rounds from a law abiding citizen does nothing to stop a criminal intent on committing heinous acts of evil.
    Introducing even more, unnecessary bans or limits to the law abiding citizen does nothing to stop a criminal intent on committing heinous acts of evil. The only thing bans and limitations do, is effectively neuter the law abiding citizen from defending themselves from those intent on committing heinous acts of evil. Criminals, by definition, are those who willfully decide to act outside of the established law. New bans and/or restrictions will do absolutely nothing to prevent the criminals from committing crimes. Again. It only affects the law abiding citizen.

As a law abiding citizen of the state that you represent, I fully expect you to thoughtfully respect and honor the wishes and freedoms granted upon myself, you and all the other law abiding citizens of this great country.
    I will not stand for the personal agenda of Sen. Feinstein and a few other overzealous “representatives” being lobbied against me and my fellow law abiding citizens. I expect for you not to as well.

Thank you for your time regarding my concerns with this matter.

xxxxxxxx

Very good indeed!
    bruchi wrote: »
    Very good indeed!

Thanks
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Thanks kadolio! We all needed that. And it's true! Both of my U.S. Senators and my U.S. Representative are 2nd A people, but lately I know they have all been swamped by the Gun Control Tide spawned by these stupid mindless shootings and I want to make sure that they know we're still here right where we were before the Newton Shooting, knowing that any kind of gun ban won't change a thing. Messing with our rights is not the answer.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • BaggerBagger Member Posts: 60 Member
    Nice this is what we need. I will use the Marine letter as a draft and send to my reps.

Bagger :usa: