Home Main Category General Firearms

Bullet question!

2»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,768 Senior Member
    Did you seriously just say, Internet Bully?

That, was funny!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • killpillakillpilla Member Posts: 50 Member
    My answer is: No for both questions. Power is relative as you're comparing light and fast to heavier and slower.....but it's all an excercise in kenetic energy, isn't it...E=MCsqd....comparing apples to apples......an M-16 will still be more accurate than an AK-74, because of the firing platform, not the bullet alone.

9mm VS .45 cal....one is no more accurate than the other.....accuracy here falls upon the shooter and the platform. My Glock 23/19 (.40 & 9mm), Sig 229 .40 S&W, CZ-97 and S&W 1911 (.45) all print golf ball size groups while benched.....tennis ball sized groups freehand in isoceles stance. My revolvers in .357 and .44 are on par as well.

Light and fast VS heavy and slower also equates to rifle rounds as well....last month I killed an elk with a 150 gr Hornady Interloc from a .300 winmag, it did the job, but the organs and bullet construction stopped the bullet in the heart.....had the bullet been a Barnes TTSX, I'm sure it would have gone straight through the animal. You seeing my point yet?

Man, some of y'all's skin got a little thin over the holidays ya Nancys.....:tooth: However Killpilla, you could've done better w/o the first sentence. Never, ever, approach ANY public forum with a "just the facts ma'am" attitude......you're just begging to get your marshmellow burnt.

Now that's a response! Thank you for accepting that I'm human aswell and going futher to teach me some etiquette. (I'm not being facetious. Seriously, thank you and happy holidays)!
    Was not intended to be an insult but I can see how it could be taken that way. But since you said dont apologize, then I wont. Thanks!
    Oh, boo freakin' hoo. Both of your threads have started the same way: acting as though the folks here who respond might not know what they're talking about. I'd suggest some Tuck's medicated pads.

BTW, did you read the actual answers?

Um yeah and only seen maybe 2 that meant anything to me. Now I realize My WORDING may have not been the best but it's not my fault yall want to start a fight.

And let me add, the reason I worded it that way (and the other post as well:) is cause to often I've seen people hear something from someone or read something somewhere and turned and spread it like gospel with out actually knowing all the facts or the whole story. I dont remember there being a requirement to shooting knowledge or "time on range" before having to join the site, therefore anyone can join and anyone who thinks he knows can answer. Luckily the only response I got was from you all, thanks. But all in all. It's been fun. Here's something for you guys to fight for since you all seem so angry, it dont take long to fill out.

Watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDglpt8hpyg

Start here to fight the fight:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    killpilla wrote: »
    Well, if you re read my opening post you'll see I was rather polite and only asking if someone knowledgeable would reply cause we all know the internet is available to anyone AND we all know that people who dont know will go online and act like they know.
    If you decide to stick around, you will find that anyone giving bad information on this site will quickly be called on it.

Now... I would argue that if all things were equal, larger bullets would be more accurate than smaller ones. The reason is that if a bullet was manufactured with a tolerance of (just a wild guess) +/- .00001", that tiny bit of tolerance would have a greater effect on the smaller bullet and make it less accurate than the larger one.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,377 Senior Member
    killpilla wrote: »
    Um yeah and only seen maybe 2 that meant anything to me. Now I realize My WORDING may have not been the best but it's not my fault yall want to start a fight.

And let me add, the reason I worded it that way (and the other post as well:) is cause to often I've seen people hear something from someone or read something somewhere and turned and spread it like gospel with out actually knowing all the facts or the whole story. I dont remember there being a requirement to shooting knowledge or "time on range" before having to join the site, therefore anyone can join and anyone who thinks he knows can answer. Luckily the only response I got was from you all, thanks. But all in all. It's been fun. Here's something for you guys to fight for since you all seem so angry, it dont take long to fill out.

Watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDglpt8hpyg

Start here to fight the fight:

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

Welcome to the forum.

If you are in a strange town, need directions and walk into a bar, its better to walk in quietly, make a few 'pleasantries', observe and listen to the locals before speaking in a way that could possibly be classed as rude, insulting or condescending.

The same applies to joining internet forums.

Entering someone elses 'local' drinking hole with an 'attitude' is just going to get you grief..........which is what happened here.

You say "but it's not my fault yall want to start a fight.".................I am actually surprised at the amount of restraint shown by those who replied to your OP.

Just a polite suggestion but you might want to try toning down what seems to be the 'Treat everyone as an idiot until they prove otherwise' attitude, otherwise you will not receive the answers you are seeking.

As far as apologies go...........irrespective of whether those who are insulted want one, an apology does go a long way to mitigating what can be seen as 'inappropriate' comments or behaviour.

Having said that, I hope you stick around as you will find that there is more accumulated general and specific expertise on here than most of the other firearms related forums combined.

The choice is yours I guess.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    To expand on Orchidman's note.......I had a job to steam-clean the library in Evergreen CO after hours. Mind you the machine on the truck makes a racket, and houses are within 50 yrds....we try to stay within the noise ordinances and not intrude......pay attention here.......

This particular library sits right next door to a Jefferson county sherrif's department....fast forward....I was checking the audible boundries outside, and happened upon a deputy in her truck...someone I was looking for for ordinance information.

The point of this story is how I approached the deputy.......from her passenger side oblique, around the front of the vehicle while waving for her attention to see that she saw me......and come to the driver's window to speak with her. I told her upfront "I didn't want to scare you" and she told me "I really appreciate that, in fact, you're the only person in my 15 yrs on the force that showed such a consideration.....thank you sir!"

She was cool (and cute!), we talked and agreed that my time limit shouldn't anger the local residents. Point is, show some respect, and it'll go a long way.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!