Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Will we hit the fiscal cliff or has a deal been

2»

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Well, since listening to all of the economic intellectuals has helped us get where we are, and since the best of them are wrong as often as they are right, why can't we just do something logical, like stop spending money we don't have? There is no case I've ever heard of where an individual, business, or country has ever spent itself out of debt.

We have a president who thinks spending isn't the problem.

EXACTLY. Gotta start somewhere.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    This can happen if spending cuts are done in a measured way, but if the government cuts too much too fast you can end up in a recessionary spiral.

Across the board cuts can be done on a graduated scale to keep it from being a disaster, but there is no way it can be done without it hurting some people. So, I say hurt them all equally.
    I'm with you on this one Bisley. I think a recessionary spiral isn't any worse than an inflationary spiral.... which is what we're in right now.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    ok.. maybe it's not a real "spiral" yet, but anybody who thinks we're not suffering from inflation has their head in the sand.

Luis