Heat wave......

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,508 Senior Member
Y'all in the lower 48 are bundling up against the cold, us here in Alaska are about to break out the pools and bikinis. There is sub tropical pacific storm that went super tropical and slammed into us. We have had 40+ degree weather since Christmas. Yesterday taking down the decorations, I was outside in sweat paints and light cotton long sleeve....haven't been able to do that since the beginning of October.
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    Hmmmmm- - - - - -has Al Bore been spotted in the area? That great white whale can spout enough hot air to warm up an entire continent!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,927 Senior Member
    See, I told you 40 degrees would feel "warm". Are you picking up on the change in pitch to the squeaky snow as the temp fluctuates?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,556 Senior Member
    Wait until spring. You will go from parka to shirt sleeves to field jacket.......... in the same hour!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,147 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Wait until spring. You will go from parka to shirt sleeves to field jacket.......... in the same hour!

And don't forget the 'skeeter netting. I understand some of those buggers could carry off your dog...:silly:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • skwirrelskwirrel Member Posts: 175 Member
    19F here in lenawee county
    Live long and prosper.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,219 Senior Member
    skwirrel wrote: »
    19F here in lenawee county
    Michigan? I am up here in Flint.
  • skwirrelskwirrel Member Posts: 175 Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Michigan? I am up here in Flint.

Yes michigan. Isnt it a beautifull state?
    Live long and prosper.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    In Fairbanks I could tell the difference in the snow squeak when the temp went from -35ish back up to -25ish....

Had to bring the little dog in yesterday. With the heat, we had two eagles up in the air circling the area hunting...these two boys where huge too...

I got to see some of the skeeters when I got here in the summer...I could not believe it!

Nothing is small here, except the squirrels...I don't get that.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."