Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Brits want their guns back

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,398 Senior Member
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    I think you will find that rally was some time ago, I can tell, it is not raining and the sun is shining.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That protest was about hunting anyway- - - - -they gave up the right to self-defense and control over the government a few centuries ago.
    Jerry
  • tigman.uktigman.uk Member Posts: 332 Member
    Self defense with a firearm was outlawed in 1948 i think, they have been used in defence situations the most famous in the uk was tony martin in the mid 90's i believe, two burglars, 1 dead the other wounded, he was sent to prison but only for possession of an unlicensed shotgun, and recently 4 armed men broke into a farm house a few months ago 2 wounded burglars and the house owners released without charge
  • skwirrelskwirrel Member Posts: 180 Member
    Are they waking up?
    Live long and prosper.
    Ironically enough, i have just woke up after spending 2 hours getting my youngest to sleep
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    I think the Britt's problem is much like our own. The popularity of the shooting sports declined and people went to sleep at the wheel, same as is happening here. I have two close British friends, both named Nicolas (or Nic) btw. I'll call them young and old Nicolas.

Young nic is in his late 30s now. Young Nic and his family came from a somewhat affluent background seeing most of them are Engineers and other professional type people and they love to go to France of all places and shoot their 22s. They are allowed to have them there so they keep the guns in their vacation house in France.

The other Nic, Old Nic because he's 70ish had no clue about firearms. He came from a working class family and they didn't have the money or the means to hunt or shoot so when the gun restrictions got tough, he didn't notice. Now he acknowledges that he notices that crime has gone up in the years since. It blew his mind to see my collection and he couldn't believe that a "Commoner" like myself would be allowed so many guns. And when I started to talk to him gradually about gun ownership and point out that when guns are outlawed only outlaws would have them, this made sense to him. I told him that when seconds count, the police are just minutes away and that I carried a gun because a cop was too heavy, this got him laughing AND thinking. He's still a bit of a bunny hugger but now his eyes are opening toward private gun ownership and our second amendment.

The Britts and their situation is very misunderstood by us. Once you get to know them you can really appreciate them. Their culture is where a lot of ours came from. They really are a great people and they are not stupid. They just got lulled by the liberal message. Sometimes I think most of us would be the same way had we not been raised with guns and been taught to hunt like our ancestors. That's the great thing about being an American. Now we have to turn the tide with our kids and grand kids or else they will have the same situation as our British Cousins.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
    I remember talking to a dealer friend about 10 years ago and he had an internal memo from the police (dont know if it still exists) but it was written a few years before the hungerford shootings in the uk (1988) and mentioned that they wanted to ban self loading centerfire rifles and reclassify large capacity shotguns to a firearm but they had no basis or excuse to do this, hungerford was their excuse

Feinstein admitted that she wanted to ban the guns mentioned in her bill and she admitted she had been working on this for about a year or so, the school, tragic upsetting and disgusting as it is, is her excuse, fight this all the way