Walking in a Winter Wonderlnd

RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior MemberPosts: 4,646 Senior Member
As I've posted about we had a fairly significant snowfall here. So I was excited to get out to our hunting area in the National Forrest and look for trails, crossings and etc. We park and camp just over 6 miles off the hard road.We turned off on what we think of as "our" road. Still super snowy and lots of trees down. But we made it about 4 miles or so. Then had to get out and hike. We could have taken a gazillion pics but we were more focused on just enjoying the trip. The only Big Game season open is deer/bow only so I took my bow. We saw some deer but waaaay outta range and also some Turkey. One Tom had a real nice beard. But again, illegal.
Just thought I'd share a few pics. The creek was running nicely as well.
Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs

Replies

• mosseybuckmosseybuck Member Posts: 464 Member
    Cool pics, literally, thanks for posting.
    USMC '59-'65, NRA Lifer, Tennessee Squire
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    Interesting pics, but, I had enough of snow when I was younger.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Me too! When Wife and I were first married, we had an apartment a few blocks away from a local park, and loved to take night walks thru it in the snow. Seemed so peaceful and calm.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member