Home Main Category General Firearms

Reloading: I just realized something...

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,757 Senior Member
My set of dies for .45 ACP have never seen a jacketed bullet. And that's after loading probably 2,500 rounds of .45 ACP so far.

Don't plan on using any jacketed bullets in them, other than SD loads.
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,216 Senior Member
    I just realized that you have no baby photos and you don't appear to be in the delivery room. What the heck?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,757 Senior Member
    Waiting. Due date was yesterday, but he seems to be taking his own time. I'd like to see him, and soon. So would his Momma...
    Overkill is underrated.
    What the hell? Do you guys think you are Congress or something? Time is money!
    -Thomas Paine
    I know, I know.
    Overkill is underrated.
    We were told that "making love" would speed things along, but the idea of slapping my kid in the head... with that... over and over again was difficult to remove from my mind. You could try it. Talking to a bunch of dudes on the internet isn't going to do much good.
    -Thomas Paine
    :rotflmao:
    Overkill is underrated.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,320 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    We were told that "making love" would speed things along, but the idea of slapping my kid in the head... with that... over and over again was difficult to remove from my mind. You could try it.

Buddy of mine was told the same thing so he decided to try it. His wife wasnt too impressed.......and neither was the neighbours husband when he came home and caught my buddy in the act..........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,057 Senior Member
    Waiting. Due date was yesterday, but he seems to be taking his own time. I'd like to see him, and soon. So would his Momma...
    First baby 7-10 days late!
    Well, we both ate red beans and rice made with tasso, andouille sausage, ham, smoked pork neck, and smoked ham hocks. And we had buttermilk cornbread (sugar-free: that would be corn cake.) Maybe this will coax him out.

BTW, this has got to be one of the better derails we've had. This thread should probably be in the Clubhouse by now.
    Overkill is underrated.
    I am doing seafood tonight-- Lobster tail, king crab, shrimp, steamer clams, and mussels. For the token veggie, we are doing artichokes. Tomorrow we will be doing omelets and pancakes, bulk Italian sausage, and some killer bacon for breakfast followed by greens, black eyed peas, mac and cheese, roast pork shoulder, and Jiffy corn bread for linner.
    -Thomas Paine
    My wife loved seafood. Then she got pregnant...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,858 Senior Member
    Too bad you're not closer....we could saddle up a horse and let her take a few turns in the round pen....OR....take her four-wheeling...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Best wishes to the missus, Earl. Didn't realize it was time.

I hope he has red hair. It is a he, isn't it? My memory is so horrible...
    Yes, it is a he. We'll call him R.J.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    You only have 3 and 1/2 hours to gain that extra tax deduction this year. If you don't get that done you'll have to feed it for a full year for that money :tooth:
    Yep. He knows what he needs to do... Get that bed rocking tiger! Forget the mental image that I painted for you and get it done. We will still be here on the forum two minutes from now.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Green chile and a trampoline.....one way or the other, little RJ is gonna get in the door and jump!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    cpj wrote: »
    Two minutes? What are you? Some sort of marathoner?
    Don't you know anything about women? It takes a bit to get them warmed up and in the mood. You have to account for that!
    -Thomas Paine
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,896 Senior Member
    We will still be here on the forum two minutes from now.

That's the funniest thing I've read on here in awhile!!!! Ha!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • RiflemannRiflemann Member Posts: 269 Member
    My wife and I have a race to see who gets there first. I am national champion 32 years straight :) (Sorry I couldn't resist)..............
  • farm boyfarm boy Senior Member Posts: 1,001 Senior Member
    Don't you know anything about women? It takes a bit to get them warmed up and in the mood. You have to account for that!

Who cares?
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    farm boy wrote: »
    Who cares?
    that reminds me of a joke from a Canadian Sgt Major.....can't repeat it here though...
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    My set of dies for .45 ACP have never seen a jacketed bullet. And that's after loading probably 2,500 rounds of .45 ACP so far.
    and the problem with that is ????
    Don't plan on using any jacketed bullets in them, other than SD loads.
    why would that stop you?
    lead bullets don't shed their jackets, fragment, or do any of that "failure" stuff condom bullets do..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    We were told that "making love" would speed things along, but the idea of slapping my kid in the head... with that... over and over again was difficult to remove from my mind. You could try it. Talking to a bunch of dudes on the internet isn't going to do much good.

Yep, the baby might get born with "Tracks" across its forehaid that would be hard to explain to his friends growing up..:jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I also reload a lot of hard cast bullets for my DW .45, usually 230 grain round nose. Sometimes flat points especially when I shoot them outta my 625 revolver. Jacketed bullets have gotten outrageously expensive the past few years. No real leading issues with the 850 or so FPS from a .45 ACP

However there is a cool factor (no black lead covered fingers from handling them to reload/smokey when you fire some of them....) about reloading and shooting jacketed bullets. I shot a lot of Rainer Ballistics plated 230 grain HPs from my DW and still have a good stash of Remington 230 FMJs bought before the prices went up a few years ago.

I don't cast my own bullets and I know that is a huge cost savings because bullets are the most expensive component to reload when you buy them outright. Hard cast ones by the #500 or #1000 count used to be about 1/2 or less the cost of factory jacketed ones.

Given my druthers, I'd pick jacketed/plated ones every time over lead. It all cleans up good (lead) after a range visit. Guns do look "Dirtier" after firing lead/cast bullets.

I have a friend who is a cast bullet fanatic and shoots them outta handguns/rifles (gas checks) and seldom will shoot anything but lead "Boolits" as that group and website calls them.

I think this is it.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forum.php
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Guns do look "Dirtier" after firing lead/cast bullets.

I have a friend who is a cast bullet fanatic and shoots them outta handguns/rifles (gas checks) and seldom will shoot anything but lead "Boolits" as that group and website calls them.

I think this is it.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forum.php
    the "dirt" is actually bullet lube.. harm things it does not..

and yes, that is the correct URL for Cast Boolits.. I'm a member over there, too..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.