Home Main Category Hunting

Fox Pro call is here!

1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior MemberOlsburg KansasPosts: 1,650 Senior Member
Stupid rainy day, we need rain but dying to give her a run.Tortured the weiner dog with it last night- seems to be put together well and is easy to use, Wiley beware! Coyote contest this weekend but I have to work so I'm going to loan it to a team and see how they do.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,289 Senior Member
    You'll like this thing....doesn't always take the place of a mouth call, but a damned handy tool to have in the arsenal...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bisleybisley Senior Member East TexasPosts: 10,815 Senior Member
    Please report further on this when you get to use it. I'm thinking about one for myself.
  • RiflemannRiflemann Member WC MinnesotaPosts: 269 Member
    Which model did you get? We have 2 Foxpros and would not trade them for nothing. We still use mouth calls, but the Foxpro just seems to be the Go-To deal. Enjoy your new toy.----Riflemann
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Olsburg KansasPosts: 1,650 Senior Member
    Spitfire2, mouth calls have still been my main way of calling since you can stop or repeat quicker if you see something reacting to the sound, I have an Edge E-caller I've used for two years and can't complain about it. E-callers give you hands free operation if you're by yourself for shooting, also can be played at low volume while you look for incoming varmints ;keeps your movement to a minimum. Not mention this one being wireless the sound is away from your hide, they can pinpoint that sound very well as the critter comes to the call ,giving you a chance to line up a shot.
    I carry my mouth calls with for backup, I am a little bit overweight so sometimes after a long walk I am alittle out of wind, so I tend to sit alittle longer before starting to blow on the mouth call. This is why I like the Foxpro, I can sit down and start calling right away. I also have 2 JackAttack decoys to go with my CS-24 and Fury2, these decoys seam to work pretty good.
    I am afraid the decoy option is going cause further $$$ winging its way across the intrawebs. Alas, I will probably wait til next fall to throw down for a new decoy to attach to it. By the way how much do yours weigh? I am trying to keep from packing a lot of cumbersome crap around. I keep all the predator calling items in a small day pack.
    I have both my Foxpro JackAttacks mounted on a small camera tripod so I don't have to try and push them into frozen ground up here in the north country. I would say with tripod and decoy maybe 2 pounds or so, I have never had an issue with the weight. I have a sling for the E-caller on my one shoulder, My AR on the other shoulder and the decoy in my hand when walking out to place them up.
    I try not to park my pickup or ATV more than 1/4 mile from where I call. I hide them in bottom of ditches or behind shelter belts. I have a hard time walking long distances so call me lazy but I do manage to shoot a few yotes per year and I have fun doing it. Good Luck on getting some yotes this year,----Riflemann
    Riflemann thanks for your response. We had a coyote calling contest yesterday, I had to work so was unable to participate:cuss: But the winning team shot 5 and the 2nd place team shot 5 (Tiebreaker by weight of combined dogs) 3rd shot 4. Got to BS with a bunch of the hunters after at our bar, was a real hard day to call strong North wind pretty much all day. Heaviest coyote weighed 42 lbs. and was an ugly mangy -but somehow FAT critter. Proceeds to benefit local pool and park.