I got three pig eyeballs from our butcher

rbsivleyrbsivley Senior MemberPosts: 1,055 Senior Member
Sylv's been teaching the kids about eyes and wanted some to cut up. We did cows eyes with our kids. She called our butcher and he told her he's killing today and to come by after 1400. The best part was they were free.
Sunday I took Jackson upstairs and we went thur my footlocker. He was amazed. We dug around for a while then put it away. As we were walking downstairs he said "Paw Paw, when you opened that footlocker, history jumped out and slapped me 4 times". He's a cool little guy. He came running up to me earlier today all excited because he was able to read something for his little sister.
The 14 yr old came home from tutoring Monday all excited because she had homework for the first time in her life. She told her Nana that it made her feel normal.
Things like this make it worth all stress and work.
Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    rbsivley wrote: »
    The 14 yr old came home from tutoring Monday all excited because she had homework for the first time in her life. She told her Nana that it made her feel normal.
    Things like this make it worth all stress and work.

WoW.

Best of luck to you and your wife. Those children are fortunate to have such caring Grandparents.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    During my 30-something years in the education system, the kids who appreciated the effort I made to guide them made it worth dealing with the snot-nosed brats who were proud of their ignorance. The really rewarding times were when some of those kids who were skating the razor edge of disaster came back years later to say "thanks" for the time I spent with them.

Kudos for doing your best to help your grandkids. They appreciate it now, and I'll bet they will really be grateful later. Hang in there!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    You and your wife are doing something wonderful! The kids are doing good with the love and care you're providing.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    I think we got a good system. She does the text book teaching because shes the brains of the outfit. I do the quartermaster and man stuff because that's mine. We both cook so it's usually a tag team. They're fully able to fend for themselves but I don't want them to do that here. Meal times haven't been structured for them in the past so the education is not just during school hours.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,126 Senior Member
    You and your wife rock! Super good job.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."