SPAM invasion!

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,575 Senior Member
It it me or has the spam level ramped up significantly in the past month or so? Doesn't really bother me as the Mods are always on top of it, but has to be a bit of a PITA for them. Anyone know if there are any options to block them? Some forums I'm a member of require moderator approval for the first few posts from new users before they go up. Any possibility of implementing something like that or is it just easier to ignore/deal with it?
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    There are two spammers now pushing phones! Wow...........
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Welcome to the life of a spam hunter!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Make me a Mod, I'll kill them as soon as I see them...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,662 Senior Member
    They are firing for effect these days. I'm deleting anywhere from 5-10 threads a day.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Make no mistake, they still bank on getting at least one good credit card number. Now, we have the advantage here of having a membership of significantly smarter people, so they're pissing against the wind.

Wait, DanJ wouldn't have let me type that. Can I still type it? Cause, you know, I don't want to... you know...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    nuke 'em 'til they glow..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    It it just you, A+13
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.