No question about it this is the best gun forum on the internet!

bruchibruchi Senior MemberPosts: 2,582 Senior Member
And I should know as I push here too hard at times, we might get a bit mad sometimes but we continue to get along and helpful.

Sorry, if what follows is beyond the forum's rules please delete!

I had left this OTHER gun forum before the 2A issues came up as too many folks there are clearly quite racist and have a huge problem with a "vocal Puertorrican" being a part of the same, this was not so evident in the past.

I returned figuring there are some good guys there and motivated by the impending 2A issue.

After a few weeks I started a, "what if" topic regarding a TV show on the appropriate section "fantasizing" about a "perfect crime", this as humor and due to my interest in this topic as a story telling device, other members played along until the head moderator deemed me as an evil person for starting this topic.

I expressed my concern on why I was singled as "the evil person" as others participated in the same and then I asked why the same forum's moderators allow for racist remarks "to fly" there, something I had brought up before and why I left in the first place, the head moderator replied by saying that he has no problems at all with members posting such remarks, too bad a good chunk of this forum's members also think that remarks as that one are not racist!

I can repeat the remark as the #1 "4 letter word" was used to attack an entire country and it's inhabitants, to this the head moderator added that because Puerto Rico is "another country" and I live here what I say has less worth than what the rest of the "american" members of his forum post.

How a person like this remains as the head moderator of a forum is beyond me and again this is not some small "fly on the wall" forum!

Okay, I got that out of my system...
If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Care to share the name of the forum so I can avoid it?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Care to share the name of the forum so I can avoid it?

Think that is not allowed here.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,980 Senior Member
    Yes it is, by a er..........................Long Shot :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,411 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    Think that is not allowed here.

Yes, it is the best forum. Why would it not be allowed?

Will you PM me the name?
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    This is the only gun forum for me. I tried a couple others a few yrs back but they can't hold a light to this one. My time is to valuable to me to waste. This place is listed higher than the "opinion" section in the local "Buy/Sell".
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 470 Member
    At one point in time, I was known as a "founding member" along with quite a few others. That core group,imho, did a lot to maintain the level of civility that has become the trademark of this forum.We flourish where others flounder. It sounds like bragging but I think that it has become a reality that there is no point in going to other forums.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    I got a 30 day time-out for discussing a 'prestressed hybrid deflex/reflex laminate limb construction' (Perry reflex) on an archery forum.. believe it or not..
    got the ban hammer from same (along with 18 others) for discussing back-country water purifiers.. (off-topic and we 'mentioned/recommended brands/suppliers that are not sponsors of this forum')
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,429 Senior Member
    I've not been banned yet, but I've sure wanted to be a few times.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »

Mike

This can be attainted. I knows peoples. And pay well.

:-)
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • dlkdlk Member Posts: 419 Member
    Steenkin' porta-rikkins!:jester:
    STEALTH COMPETENT

I know what I'm doing, it just doesn't look like it.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,725 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »

Mike

Check the moderators secret vault of banned threads, fire one up:)

Not really.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »

But we have to remember on a positive note, there needs to be a place for our rejects!!! :cool2:

Simply PRICELESS!