Sick as a Dog...seriously..

centermass556centermass556 Senior MemberPosts: 3,508 Senior Member
Ever seen a Dog with Parvo...yup that is about the way it was...Really crappy thing is the unwritten rule that 1SGs and CSMs dont get sick or go to sick call...I just hope it passes soon.
"To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,715 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear that. Hope whatever it is passes really soon, and really hope you didn't catch this nasty flu. If you're running a fever, go to sick call. If it IS the flu, you can get something for it to make it pass quicker.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,570 Senior Member
    Sucks. Wife texted me this morning saying work basically sent her home as soon as she got there. She wasn't feeling all that great last night but not terrible. Guess it's gotten worse. I think I'll be sleeping in the guest bedroom tonight!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,117 Senior Member
    Wait. Don't be deceived. The reason for that unwritten rule is a transparent attempt to thin the ranks of senior NCOs by killing them off, so that more junior NCOs have at least a theoretical shot at the top jobs. Don't let those cynical, pushy bastards turn you into a
    statistic. Go to sick call. Or find a civilian doc. Don't give those lifer bastards the satisfaction of dancing (or worse) on your grave. ****.

Go get checked out!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 807 Senior Member
    Sucks. Wife texted me this morning saying work basically sent her home as soon as she got there. She wasn't feeling all that great last night but not terrible. Guess it's gotten worse. I think I'll be sleeping in the guest bedroom tonight!

My wife has been sleeping in the fireplace room for since Saturday. I got hit with the Flu on Friday. Was laid up in bed all day Saturday and Sunday. I started working for home Monday and told that I shouldnt come into the office until I'm done with it.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,976 Senior Member
    Quit eating in da Mess Hall.................:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Seriously Top, go on sick-call, even after duty hours to the ER if necessary.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Try dragging your butt on the carpet, it seems to make by dog feel better. Doesn't help the carpet much though. :group: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Try dragging your butt on the carpet, it seems to make by dog feel better. Doesn't help the carpet much though. :group: Later,
    that's for worms
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    No wonder the carpet hates it. :fan: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,825 Senior Member
    My my Vic...you're certainly feeling your oats tonight!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,450 Senior Member
    Ever seen a Dog with Parvo...yup that is about the way it was...Really crappy thing is the unwritten rule that 1SGs and CSMs dont get sick or go to sick call...I just hope it passes soon.

Phhttt.... Must be a new rule. We had a 1SGT that had a running profile and followed us running PT on a bicycle.... bike2.gif
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Quit eating in da Mess Hall.................:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Seriously Top, go on sick-call, even after duty hours to the ER if necessary.

Tops don't get sick-call unless it's pnuemonia....unwritten rule....Short, pound the H20 with Alka-Selzter "Cold and Flu"......you're in HHC......arrange for after hours IV from their combat bags. Thats how we did it. Germany was rife with upper resp. issues....it's a virus, flush the symptoms out fast which means...over-hydrate. And stock up on multi-ply butt-tissue...2-3 ply at the least. Feeling ya man.....
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!