"cementeries"

bruchibruchi Senior MemberPosts: 2,582 Senior Member
Saw a movie last night, "The Limits Of Control" mostly because it was a Jim Jarmuch film, you have to be a huge film making fan to endure this film as it has no real plot or character development, ti is just a study on film making "cool techniques, style and tools".

It had a pretty good recurring line:

"If you think you are better than anyone go to the cemetery and you will see that everything is dirt"

It made me wonder about something.

Overpopulation is a thing that keeps coming up as a huge problem to worry about?

Human beings for a very long time have born and expired in this planet, probably millions every single day, from a long time ago we have buried our dead, for a good part of this time we where buried directly into the ground and became part of it, then we encased our dead in "boxes" and this has been going for a very long time, worms might get to us still but those boxes stay buried taking a share of the world's space and it is now purchased, no longer it is for free, well in "developed countries".

The "CIA" estimates that over 50 million folks die every year, twice as many are born... worldwide and this has been going on for some time, it adds up!

So, when those billions of buried caskets are going to consume all the world's real state?
If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    The "CIA" estimates that over 50 million folks die every year, twice as many are born... worldwide and this has been going on for some time, it adds up

Worms to you!

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,727 Senior Member
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    "When I die, I want to be buried in Louisiana so I can remain active in politics." - Huey Long. Same quote for Chicago - Rep. Charlie Rangel

No casket for me, I want my remains cremated, and the ashes dumped in Al Gore's swimming pool. I want Tipper to go for a swim and cream "AL! There's something in the water!" Then they have to drain the pool and refill it and it ruins their whole weekend.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

That is :up:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    In most countries, bodies aren't interred long-term in cemeteries, but after a period of time are exhumed and re-interred in mausoleums, large crypts, and the like.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    In most countries, bodies aren't interred long-term in cemeteries, but after a period of time are exhumed and re-interred in mausoleums, large crypts, and the like.

So when you buy a "plot" it is not "yours" or your family to keep, you are actually renting it?
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    From my understanding, yeah. They do something similar in New Orleans.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,698 Senior Member
    The answer to the question you have 'raised', (no pun intended) is in the title to your post.

Cementeries

Cremate the dead, take them to a cementery ( a place that makes cement) and use them as a substitute for sand.

People can then walk around, point to a building and say things like " My dad helped build that office block/freeway/dam/wharf, I have concrete proof of that!. He was a real 'Brick'."

Those who die from other than natural causes, ie mortarlly wounded for example can be used to make mortar to hold the 'bricks' in place .
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Don't laugh. They're using the cremains to make artificial reef habitats.

http://www.eternalreefs.com/
    Overkill is underrated.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Soylent Green.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,101 Senior Member
    they will probably do something like the did in Paris. Just stack the bones up underground and make way for the liviing.

The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    "Earth to Earth" You can buy family plots at cemeteries for generations to use, there aresome here over 5 centuries old waiting for more family members to "join in".

There is a theory that makes some sense to me that the world, long ago was about half the size it is now and all the land mass was one continuous piece that came apart into sections due to the earth's grow, if you look at a present world map and project where the land masses would meet if it all was a half it's size circle it all matches up too much to ignore this.

After reading this I always questioned from where all that extra matter came so for the planet to become twice it's size, living things being buried and becoming part of the planet still IMO is not "the answer" as they grow from using part of the same planet for nourishment?
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,476 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    The answer to the question you have 'raised', (no pun intended) is in the title to your post.

Cementeries

Cremate the dead, take them to a cementery ( a place that makes cement) and use them as a substitute for sand.

People can then walk around, point to a building and say things like " My dad helped build that office block/freeway/dam/wharf, I have concrete proof of that!. He was a real 'Brick'."

Those who die from other than natural causes, ie mortarlly wounded for example can be used to make mortar to hold the 'bricks' in place .

Excellent, Alec. I like your thinking.

But, to the original post, my only wish is that I be buried face down, and I don't mean so that I can be used for bicyle rack, either.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.