Home Main Category Hunting

A .30 and a .40

justin10mmjustin10mm Senior MemberPosts: 688 Senior Member
Hopefully I can post some recovered bullet pics after the autopsies. :tooth:

122.jpg

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,760 Senior Member
    That's some ugly pork you got there. Congrats, looking forward to the story.

Sako
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,068 Senior Member
    Those are some good size boars!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,828 Senior Member
    Couldn't get the one in the house made of brick, huh??? :bang:
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,662 Senior Member
    ALMOST makes me wish we had hog hunting, but not really. How many and where did they land out of the carbine? Which bullets?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 2,602 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Couldn't get the one in the house made of brick, huh??? :bang:

:spittingcoffee: :rotflmao:

Nice pigs!
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    I'm sitting in a 10 foot tripod overlooking a small tank (pond) and deer feeder. The first hog walks out about 5:30pm and I shoot him behind the shoulder with the .30 carbine at around 15 yards, he turns and runs so I shot him again from the other side before he hits the brush but the second shot was unnecessary.

Ammo used was Remington 110gr. soft points. First bullet entered behind right shoulder, passed through body cavity and stopped under gristle plate behind left shoulder. Lead core and jacket separated but were recovered right on top of each other.

View of left rib cage and under arm were bullet passed.
    134.jpg

Bullet under hide. Notice thickness of the gristle under the skin.
    136.jpg

Second shot entered left side mid body and was found under hide on right side of body. Bullet held together.
    145.jpg

Second hog came out just before dark. He milled around the feeder until giving me a broadside shot with the Glock 20 and .40S&W barrel at about 15 or 20 yards. Ammo used was Winchester (FBI) white box 180gr. bonded jacketed hollow point. Bullet entered behind right shoulder, passed through body cavity and was found under left side gristle shield.

View of left rib cage and under left shoulder were bullet passed. Notice not as much blood as first pig.
    124.jpg

Bullet under gristle.
    126.jpg

Bullet core and jacket on left are from first .30 carbine shot and bullet on right is second .30 carbine from same pig. The bullet in the middle is .40cal.
    147.jpg
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 28,068 Senior Member
    Very nice!

Don't guess you looked at the organs and the damage caused to them?
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,403 Senior Member
    How far did the second hog run?....

Good to see you doing your bit to keep the population down. Looks like some nice bacon..............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....