Home Main Category Hunting

Colorado 2013 Regs out!

2»

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    I don't ever recall the HSC (Hunter's Safety Card) being specific like that....Hunter's Safety is Hunter's Safety. Like Jerry said, anyone born after said date needs to have one, for a license or preference point (Colorado is assuming that if you put in for a pref-point, you are legal to hold a license....hence you need to to be bona-fide......"with prospects!") :tooth:

Nebraska is one of those states that segregates hunter safety, offering both a bow and rifle course. If you are under a cetain age, you can't bowhunt without completing the bowhunter safety course. As for the rifle course, I missed the cutoff for not needing a card there by just a few months. At the end of the day, it's good that I got it because states likeColorado require you to be a lot older than I am for hunter safety exemption.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member In the sticks, OHPosts: 5,617 Senior Member

54 in 2nd again huh? Hmm.....Is he thinking of grabbing one of those spots near the road after we go over death-grip-pass and get to the start of West Elk?

Actually, I just talked to Bud. He put in for 1st rifle season. I just read all through the rules, I can't see where it's for CO residents only in 1st season.
    Maybe I was mistaken about that, or maybe they did away with that rule. Dunno.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    One thing I wasn't aware of until yesterday is that you must have a hunter safety card even if all you wish to do is apply for a preference point. This only applies to those born on or after Jan. 1, 1949. If you have questions about this, you can call the main DOW office at 303-297-1192. You can also take an online course by going to the following web page.

http://www.hunter-ed.com/colorado/?gclid=CN2-t8-vxbUCFQXnnAodfTsAVw

For you really old farts, there's no need. :)

I missed having to do that by 11 months and 9 days (I think).
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I missed having to do that by 11 months and 9 days (I think).

Anyway, being an instructor for 15 years I had several BIG doses of it. For the most part I enjoyed instructing it, however, there were some days. I would have a big class every August. I would put it in the paper and tell it around by word of mouth (this ain't a big metropolis) and sure as hell, there were always some that two days after the last class, would call. "Is this the guy that does the Hunter Education Classes?" Me, "Yeah!" Them "When are you going to have another class?" Grrrrrr!!! or "I just found out I was going to Colorado on a hunt. When can I take the course???" I know it was a nobel cause to teach it, but I really don't miss it much.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.