Favorite caliber for self defense?

13»

Replies

• drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 405 Member
    45 ACP
    .45 of course.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,460 Senior Member
    9mm Luger
    :whip2:
    Just wanted to point out: I'd have thought that someone in the gunwriting business would know the difference between "caliber" and "chambering" or "cartridge."
    AND ............
    have been a bit clearer on the question. If it was just chambering, then I wan 30-06 on there. If it is what I am carrying, then the choices are ok...............
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • joseph06joseph06 Member Posts: 133 Member
    10mm
    I voted for the 10mm, because in building a dedicated HD handgun I'd go with a 10mm. I'm happy with a ton of other calibers as defensive options, but I think on a merit scale, it's hard to beat a properly outfitted and loaded G20 as a defensive gun.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    .327 Federal
    Big Chief wrote: »
    cpj joined you in selecting the .327, he must have forgot his reading glasses and hit the wrong selection thunking he clicked on the King, the .357 Remington Magnum!:worthy::applause::guns:
    I just saw that, he must be in the Head :vomit:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,887 Senior Member
    .327 Federal
    In reality, my favorite cartridge is by default since I wish to carry the SP 101 I have most; and note I did not say any other SP 101, just the one.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,540 Senior Member
    I didn't vote because my current favorite wasn't listed. I've owned a few 1911's and I love them for carry and I currently only own four of them. They have always been in .45ACP but I have really been favoring my Charter Arms bulldog in 44S&W special. I took it to the SE shoot and Ned was the only one to shoot it. I might add that he did well with it as it's a hammerless DAO and he hit steel on all five although he did mention that the recoil was unpleasent.(he still got good hits) They were some 200gr bullets that I cast that I was trying to emulate the Hornady 185gr loads with. They were actually pretty close recoil wise and hit to the same POA.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    45 ACP
    My favorite is of course the .45 acp, but I also carry my Colt Pocket Pistol in .380 acp as it is very concealable or my Colt Det. Spl. in .38. In the past I have carried my S&W 624 3" .44 spl. as it compares to the .45 acp for a big slow bullet.

The key is shot placement and what you are proficient with for emergencies.
13»