Home Main Category Hunting

Bedroom Elk

timberghosttimberghost New MemberNorthern Id.Posts: 9 New Member
Hi all, shot this guy from my bedroom window last season. not to good with computers. Hope I can up load the pics.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Manistee Natl ForestPosts: 18,281 Senior Member
    Nice bull!...Not having to drag it home is an added bonus....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shootershooter Senior Member IllinoisPosts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Wow, that's great. Sounds like you've got a really comfortable deer blind. :up:
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Hi all, shot this guy from my bedroom window last season. not to good with computers. Hope I can up load the pics.

Timberghost, this is an amazing feat!!! Unprecedented in fact (I think). Anyway, I'm guessing you are relatively new to the forum. If so, I'll tell you that we have a saying that sounds derogatory but is actually a compliment. So I will now bestow upon you a well deserved "YOU SUCK!!! This is a very coveted honor on this forum bestowed upon those that do things that are obviously looked upon with envy by the rest of us. So congratulations and you're sucking so bad you're popping my ears all the way down here in southern Texas.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • timberghosttimberghost New Member Northern Id.Posts: 9 New Member
    I guess you could say I shot it while I was in bed, was laying across the bed with rifle across my dresser.LOL. shot was abt 55 yrds.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I shot the one in my avatar about 10 miles from my house.

You've got me beat.

Welcome.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I shot the one in my avatar about 10 miles from my house.

You've got me beat.

Welcome.

Well, I've got you both beat cause I shot one in my.... dreams, :tooth:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member WyomingPosts: 8,566 Senior Member
    That is just way cool!
    Welcome to the forum.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Thanks to all, Glad that I suck!! wife says that all the time but uses a different word or two.LOL not reallyMy son had shot all his game from the front porch, 3 elk and to many deer to count any more, only thing we have to leave the place to hunt is grouse. Thanks again for the welcome!!!!!.
    Jim
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,402 Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum. Look forward to more hunting reports and pics, gotta have pics.

We have something in common timberghost. I have hunted dear's in my bedroom, cant recall shooting one through the window though..............

Great looking Elk. What calibre/bullet did you use if I may ask?
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Well, I've got you both beat cause I shot one in my.... dreams, :tooth:

Nocturnal emissions don't count, that's just shooting in the dark.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,221 Senior Member
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    :tooth:

Closest we've ever got to that.......and I'll hate him forever for it......MHS shot a cow elk from the front porch of the cabin.....in his long johns around sunset. Him and Nigel, a cow each, both in scivvies and boots, hilarious and probably will never be repeated, classic!

Funny thing is, I was outside smoking a cigarette and spotted them first! Shots were 30 degrees uphill at about 200+ yrds.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    I was almost in my drawers, didn't think about putting some pants on till I went out to get him.LOL Rifle is an old mossberg 1500 in 7/mm-08 load is 139 gr. hornady sptzbt,push at 2908 fps. scope is a bushnell dusk and dawn 4-16x50. one shot in the boiler room, one kill.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,402 Senior Member
    I was almost in my drawers, didn't think about putting some pants on till I went out to get him.LOL Rifle is an old mossberg 1500 in 7/mm-08 load is 139 gr. hornady sptzbt,push at 2908 fps. scope is a bushnell dusk and dawn 4-16x50. one shot in the boiler room, one kill.

You sir, have taste when it comes to calibre choice. :up:

Dont happen to have any pics of the wound entry, damage etc by any chance? Did the bullet remain in the animal or pass through? Reason I ask is that I too use a 7mm08 for most of my hunting.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    That's a really nice one! :up: And from the bedroom window while in your skivvies! :roll2: Your picture has caused much envy and will cause more! Welcome to the forum!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Wow - I wish I had access to that kind of blind! All we have down here is miles of dry, boring desert. Great bull.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Podunk, Tx.Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    As far as I'm concerned, the best part is that piece of heavy equipment in the background. Not that you had to haul it very far, but having that big old tractor available sure must have been nice.

How long does it take to train those Idaho elk?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Swampland, FLAPosts: 5,100 Senior Member
    Nice bull, yes you suck and i do hate you. welcome.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    Orchidman, I love the 7-08, had a lot of different cal. in my life but the 7 is here to stay. The bullet was never found, it did not exit though,I didn't look for it because of the mess it made,couldn't tell the difference between the inards, looked like blood pudding. LOL.He was quarting awy when I shot, entered in the left rib area and went toward the right shoulder. My son has a .243 ackly improved that is my next favorite, he killed a nice spike with it a few years ago, range was 180 yds.another one shot drop. His shot was the same as mine but on the o0ther side, the bullet broke the right shoulder, that round is very impresive.
    Jim
    JerryBobCo, some years it takes a while to get them trained to stick around for the season, other years it ain't so hard. LOL. The elk in your avatar is sweet, I bet good eatin. The dozer is to big to take through the timber, I use it to maintain my road and plow snow some years it gets used alot. used the atv to drag it to the hangin tree.
    Jim
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »

Dont happen to have any pics of the wound entry, damage etc by any chance? Did the bullet remain in the animal or pass through? Reason I ask is that I too use a 7mm08 for most of my hunting.

Hey now Alec, the only reason he used the 7mm-08 is that he shot it in his bedroom and didn't want to wake his wife so he used the wanna be .270 instead!!!

:roll2::roll2::roll2::spittingcoffee::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »

Hey now Alec, the only reason he used the 7mm-08 is that he shot it in his bedroom and didn't want to wake his wife so he used the .270 wanna be instead!!!

:roll2::roll2::roll2::spittingcoffee::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,826 Senior Member
    Wish I could even shoot the bow in the backyard, much less dinner.......... Heck, next 150 dinners!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson