Home Main Category Personal Defense

Where are you buying your 9mm jhp ammo?????

ChuckXXChuckXX BannedPosts: 103 Member
After checking my favorite 4 websites again today I decided to make this post. I usually buy from Midwayusa.com, Natchezz, ammo to go, and cheaper than dirt. Sometimes Cabelas as well. I really like the Fiocchi shooting dynamics just for practice. The reason for my post is simply there is NO AMMO available from anyone out there. Atleast in JHP which is the only thing I will use. Where do you guys go to get your 9mm JHP????? Any input is appreciated. I try very hard to make posts that will help others as well and I also try hard to give good honest advice and opinions. I guess Iam a no nonsense pistol shooter. THANK YOU TO ALL.

Replies

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    I go to my safe to get mine...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,784 Senior Member
    Right now- I'm not. I need to get some to test the wife's carry gun, but I'm not paying scalpers prices. Also, I have work to do, and can't camp out at Cabelas and Academy.

Luckily I have a bunch of FMJ stockpiled to last for training and recreational shooting
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • WillyTWillyT New Member Posts: 7 New Member
    Try Luckygunner. They have 3 different types of JHP right now. My suggestion is pull the page up for the ammo you want and randomly refresh it throughout the day. Their system only shows instock stuff so ammo pops up all day long. The good stuff is usually gone within an hour or quickly depending on what it is and how much they have of it. They ship from Atlanta. For me I get them the next day.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    For practice I use once fired reloads I pick up at gun shows. Ammo box about 1/2 full for a hundred or so. Bought a few boxes last time I bought so I'm fine for a while. For carry rounds I only shoot factory loads, using Critical Duty Hornady at present. Need to shoot more but getting time is an issue. First home invader gets Critical Duty and will give report. :up: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 26,509 Senior Member

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,624 Senior Member

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,573 Senior Member
    I stocked up for a rainy day, so I am currently using the stuff I have in storage, though I've been able to find a lot of FMJ 9mm rounds online, so I'm in no danger of running out for the foreseeable future. 
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 1,737 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 said:
    I stocked up for a rainy day, so I am currently using the stuff I have in storage, though I've been able to find a lot of FMJ 9mm rounds online, so I'm in no danger of running out for the foreseeable future. 
    9mm seems to be the first coming back strong.  I’ve even seen sales well under $20/50 in quite a few places.
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,891 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 said:
    9mm seems to be the first coming back strong.  I’ve even seen sales well under $20/50 in quite a few places.
    Glad to hear this - and kinda what I was expecting/hoping for.  The nation seems to be almost standardizing on it, so hopefully the big manufacturers can do longer/bigger runs without offending as many folks.  I'm very glad I can still buy from the occasional run of .455 Webley brass and other things equally weird, but logistics get a lot easier when everybody is shooting the same stuff.

Probably not much hope of it in Rifle Land, however. . .

Cute zombie thread.  What happens when the Ghost of Ammo Shortages Past has to compete with the one that's still alive? :D
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Posts: 1,737 Senior Member
    The spammer that revived it has left the building….
    I’m baaaaaaaaack… 😬
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,580 Senior Member
    edited August 5 #14

A shortage in 2013 and we're still the same boat in 2021. Glad I stocked up in the 90's and reload. No shortage here 🤣

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• ChrisworthChrisworth Posts: 1 New Member
    ChuckXX said:
    After checking my favorite 4 websites again today I decided to make this post. I usually buy from Midwayusa.com, Natchezz, ammo to go, and cheaper than dirt. Sometimes Cabelas as well. I really like the Fiocchi shooting dynamics just for practice. The reason for my post is simply there is NO AMMO available from anyone out there. Atleast in JHP which is the only thing I will use. Where do you guys go to get your 9mm JHP????? Any input is appreciated. I try very hard to make posts that will help others as well and I also try hard to give good honest advice and opinions. I guess Iam a no nonsense pistol shooter. THANK YOU TO ALL.
    Can you give me more sites or any shop address to buy this 9mm jhp?
  • JaphyJaphy Posts: 177 Member
    I recently saw 9jhp on Cabelas / BPS online order pick up in store
    BUT!  Here Cabelas ONLY sells ammo with a Cabelas club card which is a Cabelas credit card. This is an abuse of a shortage.