Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Precious Pelosi

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,529 Senior Member
Thinks that a pay cut for her is below her dignity

http://nation.foxnews.com/nancy-pelosi/2013/02/15/pelosi-pay-cut-congress-beneath-our-dignity

bp rising
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    She is below my dignity. I'd fire her today if I could.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,194 Senior Member
    http://www.mediaite.com/online/nancy-pelosi-against-congressional-pay-cuts-we-need-dignity-of-the-job-that-we-have-rewarded/

If Congress does not act on the sequester by March 1, automatic spending cuts will go into effect, and one of the things that will be affected will be Congressional salaries. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi came out firmly opposed to cutting lawmakers’ pay, saying it would be beneath the dignity of members of Congress.

RELATED: Nancy Pelosi To Fox’s Chris Wallace: It’s A ‘False Argument To Say We Have A Spending Problem’

Pelosi told reporters on Thursday that allowing the automatic cuts should be “out of the question,” and responded to a question about whether members of Congress would be willing to accept a pay cut.

“I don’t think we should do it; I think we should respect the work we do. I think it’s necessary for us to have the dignity of the job that we have rewarded…

“”It’s a hard question to ask me because most of my colleagues are the breadwinners in their families. A pay cut to me doesn’t mean as much.”

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    You beat me to it. I just posted the same thing and missed your post.

To the mods, please feel free to either merge my thread with this one, or delete mine.

And for the record, I don't think that many of our congress people have any dignity. When they run, they know what they're getting into. If not, then stay at home and get a real job. See how that feels.
    Jerry

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    And for the record, I don't think that many of our congress people have any dignity. When they run, they know what they're getting into. If not, then stay at home and get a real job. See how that feels.

^THIS^
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• jigbonejigbone Member Posts: 182 Member
    She lost me at "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it".
    ATF should not be a government agency, it should be a discount store.
    :usa:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

I agree with the article's author. They should have to face the music that their genius creates which would be less pay. Where does this woman come from anyway? They are public servants and if anything should take a cut rather than a raise. And all the horse hockey she and her party create for us to eat and digest? Gimme a Break Nancy Numb Nutts! Below your dignity my Butt!!! Anybody that spews the crap out of their mouth you do, Has NO dignity in the first place.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    jigbone wrote: »

Well, actually she lost me a while before even that genius statement. But that statement is like buying a safe. Then writing the combination down on paper and putting it inside and locking it up for safe keeping. Well Kinda-sorta!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Lots of millionaires in Congress, and old Dingbat Nancy Pelosi is one. I think they should have a means test for their salary in the same manner that they want to means test Social Security and Medicare benefits.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    I don't know if you guys have ever seen any of these people's official offices in the capitol. but it's like something out of the Palace of Versailles. Fire places. Furniture upholstered in the skins of unborn Italian peasants. This woman is one of the most arrogant in DC.
    The good news is now that that statement, and others, is on the Web. It's always there.
    Which means after the revolution when we set up the People's Tribunals, all that can be used against her in addition to treason charges.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,824 Senior Member
    Old Piglosi is a pure D douchebag.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,183 Senior Member
    Oh Goddess Mother, is this where I feign surprise? :angry:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "Pelosi" and "dignity" in the same sentence- - - - - -don't they call that an oxymoron? Or maybe just plain "moron"?
    Jerry
    There's a recent news story about Senator Rand Paul returning $600k of his office budget to the U.S. Treasury. As good as this sounds, it's only about 20% of the $3.5 million budget he and other senators get to run their offices.

This is insane!

We have congress men and women who live like kings and spend like sailors on shore leave. Yet, when you ask them to make a sacrifice that's comparable to what they ask of their constituents, they act like they're being mistreated. I think that cutting them back on what they make and the amount of their office budget might be a good start. I'd really prefer term limitations, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
    Jerry

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,266 Senior Member
    I think Congressmen should be paid $50,000,000 a year........then maybe someone worth a crap would run!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Hey Nancy, go make me a sammich!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,293 Senior Member

I cannot believe there was not a stunned silence in the house when she said that.... as far as her "dignity" is concerned, I shovel her brand of dignity out the stall door every evening....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I cannot believe there was not a stunned silence in the house when she said that.... as far as her "dignity" is concerned, I shovel her brand of dignity out the stall door every evening....

What you are shoveling out the stall door is actually useful, though! :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Rather than lose her dignity, I think I've got the perfect job for Nancy. It fits her special skill set to a T.

Crash Test Dummy.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    Rather than lose her dignity, I think I've got the perfect job for Nancy. It fits her special skill set to a T.

Crash Test Dummy.

I beg to differ. The new high tech crash test dummies are WAY more intelligent than Nancy Pelosi! :rotflmao:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Yes! Pass whatever it is. Not to worry the idiot media will report 10% of whatever the h*ll it was. Congress should have to pay to be there. That's how it used to be.
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 519 Senior Member
    Hey Nancy, go make me a sammich!

...You are a brave Man,....If she makes sammichs the same way she works on laws, I wouldn't touch the stuff with a 10' pole
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,181 Senior Member
    How about a trade-off. She gets to keep her full salary but has to forgo things like armed bodyguards, has to sit for a CCW.........in short, she gets treated just like the rest of the population.

Maybe then, she will draft legislation that makes some sense...........................but I wouldnt hold my breath.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I would be for furloughing Congress till we need them and can afford them again, like they do to civil servants. One year would be a good start.

Or, if that's too unrealistic, at least just dismiss them without pay until they can guarantee to pass a budget through both houses that will produce a surplus..
  • wildgenewildgene Senior Member Posts: 1,036 Senior Member
    ...well, the "Honorable Mz. Pelosi" insults my intelligence, so I'm just fine insulting her dignity...
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I don't understand. Why, when there is a budget crises, is it always the social security or VA checks that are threatened? Why aren't the President and Congress first in line to be cut? They should have to spend their own money to fund their staff and take no pay until this thing is solved. Why don't they shut the AC off in the Capitol to save money? Orchid, correct me if I am wrong, but when you are a "name" for Lloyd's of London isn't all your money on the hook for losses? Why can't we do that? The founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor. Now we know that many in Congress have no honor and who would want their lives, but maybe they should have to pony up their fortunes until they get things under control. I know it wouldn't help the deficit, the amount they are over spending is too large, but it might motivate them. Problem is we might just have penniless people running.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Pelosi is an ignorant and arrogant D-bag......sorry for insulting the D-bag, which actually serves a purpose. What makes me scratch my head is why the good people of California haven't voted her out yet!?
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    Pelosi is an ignorant and arrogant D-bag......sorry for insulting the D-bag, which actually serves a purpose. What makes me scratch my head is why the good people of California haven't voted her out yet!?

Her congressional district is the granola bowl; what ain't fruits and nuts is flakes! THAT'S why she gets reelected.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Lots of millionaires in Congress, and old Dingbat Nancy Pelosi is one. I think they should have a means test for their salary in the same manner that they want to means test Social Security and Medicare benefits.

What you said tennmike! You beat me to it!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Zombie target- - - -just add rings!

pelosi_bullseye.jpg

Jerry
    Just trollin', trollin', trollin' though the budget's swolen, Keep them trolls a trollin', trollhide!

71747_499862830066499_1880314562_n_zps9a20d995.jpg
    ― Douglas Adams