Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Precious Pelosi

2»

Replies

• maddog999maddog999 New Member Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, it's only fair......they screw up the economy they share the burden. In fact, they should take the biggest hit on their paychecks.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    I think Congressmen should be paid $50,000,000 a year........then maybe someone worth a crap would run!

YES! what jbp said...$50,000 is plenty for doing nothing.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    There's a recent news story about Senator Rand Paul returning $600k of his office budget to the U.S. Treasury. As good as this sounds, it's only about 20% of the $3.5 million budget he and other senators get to run their offices.

This is insane!

We have congress men and women who live like kings and spend like sailors on shore leave. Yet, when you ask them to make a sacrifice that's comparable to what they ask of their constituents, they act like they're being mistreated. I think that cutting them back on what they make and the amount of their office budget might be a good start. I'd really prefer term limitations, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

But did you see any of the rest volunteer to turn back what they didn't spend? Rand Paul is like his dad Ron. His dad is a great American who did his job and people still bad mouthed him. I guess no one is above reproach, but some do deserve credit. You're killing the good guys here. You don't know what it costs Rand Paul to do what he does. I say give him above any of these thieves the benefit of the doubt before bashing him.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    But did you see any of the rest volunteer to turn back what they didn't spend? Rand Paul is like his dad Ron. His dad is a great American who did his job and people still bad mouthed him. I guess no one is above reproach, but some do deserve credit. You're killing the good guys here. You don't know what it costs Rand Paul to do what he does. I say give him above any of these thieves the benefit of the doubt before bashing him.

AGREED. I would give my left nut to have an entire Congress as honest and hard working as Ron and Rand Paul. Whether or not you agree with his views, you cannot fault his principles.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,187 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »

Actually, Snake, there are other congressmen who have returned money to the treasury. A simple google search shows that Rep. Rick Mulvaney of South Carolina returned $160k. See the following web page for the full article.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/02/21/rand-paul-returns-more-money-to-treasury/

As for the $3.5 million office budget, tell me why any congress person needs that much to run an office? I'm open to any facts and figures you have to disprove my stance on this.

And how you figure I was bashing Rand Paul in my initial post is beyond me. I applaud him for what he did, but still think that $3.5 million is way too much for office expenses at a time like this. As for his dad, Ron, I didn't even mention him.

Learn how to read, please, before you go off the deep end.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.