Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Oregon...

wildgenewildgene Senior MemberPosts: 1,036 Senior Member
...Democrats join the ranks of the "Criminally Insane"...

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/massive-gun-ban-introduced

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Monkey see, monkey do. Sorry to all the intelligent primates out there.

I've already contacted my State reps.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Here's the HB3200 bill. It's stupid crazy. You can only own one semiauto defined as an assault weapon by the bill. And it gets worse.

Here's the link to the bill:

http://www.leg.state.or.us/13reg/measpdf/hb3200.dir/hb3200.intro.pdf
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Here's the HB3200 bill. It's stupid crazy. You can only own one semiauto defined as an assault weapon by the bill. And it gets worse.

Same old ****. Portland and Multnoma County has been "Californiacated". A liberal cesspool. But has the majority of voters in my state. A couple of decades ago they banned the sale of "assualt weapons". It was almost funny to attend their gun shows where class 3 dealers could sell actual assualt weapons. The ban was rescinded as it violated the state constitution. what really pis*es me off is that the state constitution allows open carry including visible firearm in a motor vehicle. By law counties and municipalities cannot pre-empt the state constitution. A few municipalities ban open carry! The lame excuse of why they can is that there is no provision for the state to penalize counties or municipalities in violation of the state constitution. !
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I'm thinking old Popcorn Surton sums it up best with what is written on his grave marker.

That is a clever way around the auto-censor! :up:

This is a law that will never pass, but it adds names to the growing list. When/if these cretins run for national office, we have a record of their true intentions towards the 2A.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,673 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I'm thinking old Popcorn Surton sums it up best with what is written on his grave marker.
    I'll admit, I had to look that up
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I count my blessings living in Arizona.
  • JeepersCreepers1970JeepersCreepers1970 Member Posts: 59 Member
    wildgene wrote: »
    ...Democrats join the ranks of the "Criminally Insane"...

http://www.oregonfirearms.org/massive-gun-ban-introduced

Looks very similar to what was proposed here in MN. Get together and start networking with other gun rights advocates right away. I found a few groups on Facebook. Start bombarding your reps with letters of protest, but be respectful. Hopefully you'll have some politicians who are respectful of the 2A like MN Rep. Tony Cornish here in MN. He is our contact in the MN house and has been coordinating with the organized groups to fight the good fight! Without him, I think we'd have a whole different ballgame going.

It's still a fight and a long one. But so far, it's looking like we may have the AWB & magazine capacity bans beat. We now have to worry about all things like universal background checks, licensing and registering of all weapons like we do cars, I think there's even a bill proposing any citizen that has had "contact" with law enforcement, not convicted of anything (i,e., a traffic stop could be considered LEO contact) be added to background checks list! Good luck!
    Yeah sure, you can say that my .380 is underpowered, but I'm betting you wouldn't want me shooting you in the face with it!
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »

Mike you have a stronger stomach than me if you read it all. I couldn't stand more than three pages and had to give it up, I was so sick and pissed. I still for the life of me can't see their complaint of a pistol grip. What the hell do ergonmomics have to do with whether it's an assault rifle or not? This has long baffled me. Unless these people are so immature as to compare them to what they see in the movies, which has nothing in the world to do with leathality. An assault weapon first and formost is a full automatic. A detatchable magazine is another no brainer!!! So what? Yeah you can load it faster, but you take a semi auto against a police force armed with full auto (And I might add, fully legal) M-16s and I don't care if you have a truck load of detachable magazines you're gonna get your fool head blown off trying to out shoot that. I know very well that these are old arguments, but they still keep popping up in my head. These people are just NOT Rational at all and don't need to be making ANYBODY's Laws!!!
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Snake, I read the whole thing, twice, to make sure I really read what I read. I was innoculated against the ill effects of reading such trash a long time ago from having to read sections of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) for my job.

Interesting tidbit on the CFRs. They are no longer put out in print form. The CFRs have become so gargantuan, changing of even one law effects change in other sections of the CFRs, and the changes require a reprint of the affected volumes from time to time. It would do anyone good who is interested in the overreach of government to go to a library that has the entire set of print CFRs to go and see just how huge the set of volumes is in fact.

They are now promulgated in only electronic form, ostensibly to save money. This is the lie being told. Easier, by far, to change the wording on a computer file to what the government WANTS it to say than what it REALLY said. The beginnings of The Ministry of Truth and INGSOC? “He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future.”
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    Not surprising.

I was raised in Grants Pass, Oregon and back in the 80's I remember it being a very consevative minded state at one time. Once the leftist Californians started moving there in droves things started changing rapidly, ie banning the use of hounds for hunting, detroying the entire logging industry, which btw has never recovered and put tens of thousands out of career jobs----anyone remember the ''spotted owl'' media disinformation campaign?