Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Maryland Gunshows

bhl2506bhl2506 Senior MemberPosts: 1,966 Senior Member
I was talking to my cousin in Maryland last night and he said that all of the gunshows in that state are cancelled until they pass some kind of bill.

Maryland members can you please fill in as to what is going on? :uhm:

Thanks NN
Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,864 Senior Member
    :uhm: I'm guessing you mean cancelled.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Only thing I can find is that Prince George's County, Maryland has banned all gun shows until the state and feds get their 'stuff' together on gun control legislation.

Here's one article on it:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/18/maryland-county-bans-all-gun-shows-indefinitely/

And another one in case the first is unpalatable to some who have to have multiple 'mainstream' sources :tooth:

http://www.wtop.com/58/3227957/All-gun-shows-halted-in-Maryland-county

WASHINGTON -- A decision by a Maryland county is roiling the already contentious debate over potential gun control laws.

Prince George's County's Department of Parks and Recreation is banning gun shows indefinitely.

"It is a temporary moratorium. We will revisit this," says Anita Pesses with the agency's Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission. "We are taking everybody's opinions and actions into account."

Pesses is promising the department will re-evaluate its decision after lawmakers in D.C. and Annapolis are done debating possible gun control bills.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    Yes, the show in PG county was cancelled. However, the show this past weekend that was held at the Howard County Fairgrounds was held. I was there! I have never seen so many people in a gun show.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Thanks guys for the answers. I haven't been able to get back with my cousin today to see if I misunderstood or what. Sure glad I moved from away from there back in the 70's.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Has anybody started a recall petition for the idiot who made that rule?
    Jerry
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I thank Heaven every day for Arizona.
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    Clearly liberals are at the helm of this decision.
    I would press your elected officials and County Attorney to provide what gives them authority to discriminate against a lawfull function such as a gun show. Are they discriminating against cat shows, dog shows, home shows, garden shows, craft shows, etc?? Are the shows taking place in a publicly owned facility? Private facility?
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    I thank Heaven every day for Arizona.

I'm with you horselips. I thank heaven for the great state of Wyoming!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Apexx wrote: »
    Clearly liberals are at the helm of this decision.
    I would press your elected officials and County Attorney to provide what gives them authority to discriminate against a lawfull function such as a gun show. Are they discriminating against cat shows, dog shows, home shows, garden shows, craft shows, etc?? Are the shows taking place in a publicly owned facility? Private facility?
    The nearest gun shows to where I live are held at public facilities. One at the State fairgrounds and two at County fairgrounds. Fairgrounds are managed by State and County Parks and Recreation. This must be the case in Prince George County MD.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    The nearest gun shows to where I live are held at public facilities. One at the State fairgrounds and two at County fairgrounds. Fairgrounds are managed by State and County Parks and Recreation. This must be the case in Prince George County MD.

Back in the 90's one of the cities I used to go to gun shows to sell did something like that; they wouldn't let the gun show use the city fairgrounds. The gun show sponsor cut a deal with the Holiday Inn right in downtown to use their huge banquet hall for a few shows. We had more and better parking in the parking lots at $5 a day, the parking lots were close to the hotel, and we had an air conditioned facility! The banquet hall had more than enough room for vendors, and we were in spitting distance of City Hall!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams