Home Main Category General Firearms

Desert Eagle magically transforms into a Beretta 92...

DeanCDeanC MemberPosts: 156 Member
... only on "Sons of Guns"

At 1:20 it's a DE, at 1:24 it's a Beretta. :confused:

[video=youtube_share;5q9c3NeG0ws]

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    I am betting they did a retake and the woman and her gun were not available, and they sub'ed. If you notice the spot between 1:24 and 1:33 the client is not in the frame at all. And you have a great eye for spotting it in just that 8 seconds. Still, bad bad bad. Proof the knowledgeable gun people here are better than the pro's there. Maybe we should do our own reality show! We'll do it at Teach's ;)

IMHO!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Man, you are observant!
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Too funny, good eye!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I am betting they did a retake and the woman and her gun were not available, and they sub'ed. If you notice the spot between 1:24 and 1:33 the client is not in the frame at all. And you have a great eye for spotting it in just that 8 seconds. Still, bad bad bad. Proof the knowledgeable gun people here are better than the pro's there. Maybe we should do our own reality show! We'll do it at Teach's ;)

IMHO!

D
    I could not see the gun change and I'm not sure the angle of the camera did not change so the client would have been out of the picture; but, I did notice the shooter closed her eyes before shooting and still got a near center bullseye hit.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Opening up the case with the barrel pointed at herself was kinda scary, the girl closed her eyes at 1:27 just before she pulled the trigger, and not seeing the episode, I wonder if they discussed the changing legalities of adding a stock, if they added an attached stock the the handgun (ones held on by the hand are legal, from what I understand.)

Yeah, I gotta watch this show...
    I'm just here for snark.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    It's kind if funny to tell you the truth :guns:
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    That is so cheap and low class. That buck toothed wench is a clown. Piss poor show, acting, and editing. G&A supports this crap?
  • DeanCDeanC Member Posts: 156 Member
    NN wrote: »
    I could not see the gun change

This:

de.jpg

is not the same gun as this:

beretta.jpg
  • ADRidgeADRidge Member Posts: 173 Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    That is so cheap and low class. That buck toothed wench is a clown. Piss poor show, acting, and editing. G&A supports this crap?

Don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel.

(ps: I feel the same way)
    In space no one can hear you scream... but if you put a helicopter up there, some jerk would complain about the noise!
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I watched it once and was not impressed. And FWIW, putting a stock on a modern pistol makes it an AOW under federal law, does it not?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    My understanding is that if it's a stock that's held in place by the firing hand, it's legal.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    I watched it once and was not impressed. And FWIW, putting a stock on a modern pistol makes it an AOW under federal law, does it not?

That, or a short barreled rifle; I'm too tired to look it up.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    I looked it up. It's an SBR. Putting a foregrip and no stock makes it an AOW.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    Opening up the case with the barrel pointed at herself was kinda scary,

I caught that too. Wow, just, WOW!
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Hollywood simply makes a money-based decision on technical accuracy, for guns and computers and other things

The answer, of course, is that the movie/TV producers just don't give a spotted damn. Same for gun errors. If it doesn't affect the monetary bottom line or the story theme, fageddaboudit.

Hey, I just hit "Reply With Quote" and this ended up here.

What's up? :uhm:
    That's all I got.

Paul
    calebib wrote: »
    She did call range hot. It also looked like she swept her hand/arm when she picked up the magazine.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    That's some awesome gunsmithing!
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    That's some awesome gunsmithing!
    Sure solved that recoil problem eh? It's a 50 AE until right before you pull the trigger. Then it turns into a 9mm.:uhm:
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    I just watched the video man that is so lame. I am really disapointed that the G&A forum is connected to that whole operation! I guess that shop is just a bunch of whores that will do anything for money LOL Besides you can tell instantly that the "customer" had no idea what she had and I bet two dollars she never shot that DE before either!! hahaha

We need to post that video on the SoG facebook page too and start asking questions! hahaha
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    DeanC wrote: »
    Sure solved that recoil problem eh? It's a 50 AE until right before you pull the trigger. Then it turns into a 9mm.:uhm:

Are you even sure about that? I am not able to guess the round she's got in the mag they show her loading ... could it be a .44Mag? I have so little experience with a Desert Eagle much less that caliber.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell

We need to post that video on the SoG facebook page too and start asking questions! hahaha

I just did that, I posted it on the Discovery Channel page as well. Let's see how long before they delete my posts, if they do we should all take turns posting it back up.

http://www.facebook.com/SonsofGuns?sk=wall&filter=1

http://www.facebook.com/DiscoveryChannel
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member

I wonder if it turns back into a 50 just before impact. Inquiring minds want to know.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    It's still there, you have to click on posts by everyone to see the post.
    I did download the video by the way.
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Are you even sure about that? I am not able to guess the round she's got in the mag they show her loading ... could it be a .44Mag?
    At the beginning of the video she says it's a 50 cal. Then again, who knows with these charlatans. It might even be an airsoft.
    I did download the video by the way.

Good, wouldn't want to let them sweep it under the rug.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Now what would be classy, in my opinion, is if they would admit the edit and get on with life. They certainly cannot deny it.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    calebib wrote: »
    I just did that, I posted it on the Discovery Channel page as well. Let's see how long before they delete my posts, if they do we should all take turns posting it back up.

http://www.facebook.com/SonsofGuns?sk=wall&filter=1

http://www.facebook.com/DiscoveryChannel
    If they delete it, I'll post it somewhere else and give it a funny title, let it go viral.

Why aren't the good gun shows on Discovery? I used to watch that channel a lot but not so much anymore. My gripe is that Discovery reaches a lot of people not just gun folk so it has the potential to influence a wider audience.

The History Channel used to carry Extreme Marksmen (Impossible Shots repackaged) but they seem to have pulled that plug.
    I wonder if it turns back into a 50 just before impact. Inquiring minds want to know.
    That's the reason the .50 AE didn't really catch on....................too much quantum uncertainty.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,327 Senior Member
    Opening up the case with the barrel pointed at herself was kinda scary. . .
    calebib wrote:

Ya know, I'm all for nitpicking (and swapping a 92FS for a DE50 on an edit deserves all the flaming we can muster) but I think this puts both you guys firmly in the nervous-old-woman-who-believes-guns-go-off-all-by-themselves-when-exposed-to-sunlight category. You ever been in a gun shop? Look at the handguns in the display case. Odds are, they're pointed AT YOU, yet you have manged to survive to this point. . .:roll:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee