Home Main Category General Firearms

Desert Eagle magically transforms into a Beretta 92...

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Depends. The shops I went into today, most of them were pointed to one side or the other (left or right.) Not at the customer or the shopkeeper.

On a more practical note: I've watched the show enough to be worried anytime somebody in that shop isn't dealing with a firearm that has its action opened. Why? Because the folks on the show have sloppy, sloppy safety habits.

Maybe I am being a nervous nelly, but when it comes to how I store and transport my firearms, I make sure that during normal handling the barrel is pointed away from me. Why? Because mistakes happen.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    You know that girl in the shop has a facebook page too. But man all the boys are on there totally defending her. If that was a fat ugly dude those same boys would be flaming him! Yeah I guess they are just trying to get a shot at a little of that! HaHa "oohhhh your soooo beautifuuuuuuullll and you did soooooo well with that big gun" Those pics on the first page need to be used as motivational posters! hahahahahahaha
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • tigman.uktigman.uk Member Posts: 332 Member
    calebib wrote: »
    I just did that, I posted it on the Discovery Channel page as well. Let's see how long before they delete my posts, if they do we should all take turns posting it back up.

http://www.facebook.com/SonsofGuns?sk=wall&filter=1

http://www.facebook.com/DiscoveryChannel

7 hours later and its still there
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    With no responses. Maybe they figure if they ignore it, it will go away.
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    I added a polite and respectful comment about the switch.

I allowed that it may have been the producers fault.

I also linked this thread.

So far it appears that my comment is held up by "Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear."
    That's all I got.

Paul
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    PFD wrote: »
    I added a polite and respectful comment about the switch.

I allowed that it may have been the producers fault.

I also linked this thread.

So far it appears that my comment is held up by "Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear."

I've watched two episodes of that show. Didn't care for it at all, reminds me of a "Chop Shop" show, only with guns. It rates right up there with Junkyard Wars and the like, not exactly a show a knowledgeable firearms enthusiast would enjoy watching without cringing.

I will say the girl has been unfairly attacked by all of us and once I thought about it I decided not to poke fun of her anymore. That's somebody's little girl we were making fun of (mostly about her Buck Teeth. It looks like she had them fixed,from the last video?) and that's not right. What if it were your daughter or GF/Wife? I know DJ would have exploded over the personal attacks on her, whether he liked the show or not.

However, the complaints about the "Gunsmithing" are spot on as are the "Bait and Switch" editing. Obviously, G&A is trying to please the viewing audience and the forum members. Guess what? That show makes lots of $$$ for them, this forum does not. The phrase "Business is Business" may apply here , like it or not.

I guess, just don't watch it, ignore it is the easiest way to go. Of course, that won't happen with many on here, who will watch it just to complain and criticize and you have every right to do so, especially on the Blog and shame on them if they delete your Blog posts.

And just thunk, some complain about Top Shot, which is leaps and bounds ahead on gun handling and uses real guns not butcher jobs.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,907 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I've watched two episodes of that show. Didn't care for it at all, reminds me of a "Chop Shop" show, only with guns. It rates right up there with Junkyard Wars and the like, not exactly a show a knowledgeable firearms enthusiast would enjoy watching without cringing.

I will say the girl has been unfairly attacked by all of us and once I thought about it I decided not to poke fun of her anymore. That's somebody's little girl we were making fun of (mostly about her Buck Teeth. It looks like she had them fixed,from the last video?) and that's not right. What if it were your daughter or GF/Wife? I know DJ would have exploded over the personal attacks on her, whether he liked the show or not.

However, the complaints about the "Gunsmithing" are spot on as are the "Bait and Switch" editing. Obviously, G&A is trying to please the viewing audience and the forum members. Guess what? That show makes lots of $$$ for them, this forum does not. The phrase "Business is Business" may apply here , like it or not.

I guess, just don't watch it, ignore it is the easiest way to go. Of course, that won't happen with many on here, who will watch it just to complain and criticize and you have every right to do so, especially on the Blog and shame on them if they delete your Blog posts.

And just thunk, some complain about Top Shot, which is leaps and bounds ahead on gun handling and uses real guns not butcher jobs.

:agree::applause:
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

Well said, Big Chief. I agree. The show is junk and does not present shooters in the way most of us want to be seen but if that's what it takes to keep G&A in business and this forum available, it's okay with me. I won't be a viewer but obviously a lot of others will.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I'm not at all impressed with the shop or show but I have nothing against free enterprise. One thing that bothers me about the show is that it's refered to as "reality" TV. There is little reality involved with much that they do and I would probably watch it on occasion if they more accurately refered to it as a gun related sitcom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    ken55 wrote: »
    but if that's what it takes to keep G&A in business and this forum available, it's okay with me. I won't be a viewer but obviously a lot of others will.

Wrong...There have to be some standards...this would be akin to some guy saying that he really doesn't like his wife prostituting herself, but if that's what it takes to bring in a little extra money, he's OK with it...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 782 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Wrong...There have to be some standards...this would be akin to some guy saying that he really doesn't like his wife prostituting herself, but if that's what it takes to bring in a little extra money, he's OK with it...

That's not a sensible analogy at all, as I expect you know. Business is all about paying attention to what your market wants and will pay for. What G&A and Red Jacket Arms is doing is neither illegal nor immoral - it just offends the sensitivities of some of us gun purists. Within the context of their business, we don't pay their bills and we don't set their standards.

If it bothers you, don't watch it. I don't care for it so I don't watch it myself but I don't arrogate to myself the right to tell them what they can and cannot do, especially when I'm not one of their customers.
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,739 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    +1 :up:

Guns and Ammo has been around a long time and has weathered many storms and changed management more than once. It will continue on long after this show is dead and buried. Afterall, I've seen more than one ad in there many magazines.

Once the mall ninjas get fed up with this Sideshow Bob with guns, in a season or so, they'll stop watching at which point G&A will have to look elsewhere for Ad dollars. My opinion, start looking sooner rather than later.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The "Will Hayden answers questions" blog has already disappeared, or maybe they're just blocking me from seeing it?
    :uhm::uhm::uhm:
    Jerry
    Is there any truth to the rumor that Red Jacket is going to do a show on upgrading Gecko 45's arsenal?
    :roll2::roll2::roll2:
    Jerry
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Ya know, I'm all for nitpicking (and swapping a 92FS for a DE50 on an edit deserves all the flaming we can muster) but I think this puts both you guys firmly in the nervous-old-woman-who-believes-guns-go-off-all-by-themselves-when-exposed-to-sunlight category. You ever been in a gun shop? Look at the handguns in the display case. Odds are, they're pointed AT YOU, yet you have manged to survive to this point. . .:roll:

No, it's the "When I'm at the range (especially a public range) I turn into Mr. Mega-Cautious and treat every gun as though its got one in the chamber and the trigger is 99% pulled" mentality. And I for one believe that anyone putting themselves on TV touting themselves to be "experts" should be held to the highest standards.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Just to clarify, this extra money....does it have to go to bills, or can I use it for a new bike and AR parts?
    Cause that will sway my opinion one way or the other. Just sayin.

anim_nutkick.gif
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    calebib wrote: »
    I turn into Mr. Mega-Cautious and treat every gun as though its got one in the chamber and the trigger is 99% pulled" mentality.

AMEN!! That is a fact indeed.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
    olesniper wrote: »
    Link still works for me.

Yep, I agree- - - - -BUT- - - - - -yesterday there were TWO blogs! They've taken one down, the one that was titled "Will Hayden answers questions". I guess the questions weren't the softball kind like Obama gets from the press corps!
    Jerry
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    I looked last night when there were 11 comments. All but one were praises or softball/silly questions (is a 1911 better than a Beretta, if you could only have 3 firearms...)

Then there was Jayhawker, who asked if the stocked Desert Eagle was an SBR or AOW, and pointed out the change from Desert Eagle to Beretta, with a link to the YouTube video.
    I'm just here for snark.
    I looked last night when there were 11 comments. All but one were praises or softball/silly questions (is a 1911 better than a Beretta, if you could only have 3 firearms...)

Then there was Jayhawker, who asked if the stocked Desert Eagle was an SBR or AOW, and pointed out the change from Desert Eagle to Beretta, with a link to the YouTube video.

I never did see Jayhawker's post. Mine is still "awaiting moderation", on the other blog, so it may disappear. I looked on the show's message boards, at Discovery, and saw comments that the video has been made private and can no longer be watched from their Discovery page.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Its possible she Fired the 50 and it was so ugly they couldn't use it so they dubbed in the Beretta 92
    104RFAST wrote: »
    Its possible she Fired the 50 and it was so ugly they couldn't use it so they dubbed in the Beretta 92

It's possible that Castro swam over from Cuba and shot that Desert Eagle..........and just as likely.
    Did you see the manicured meathooks on that broad? If she fired that .50, there would've been fingernail shrapnel flying all over the place.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Is there any truth to the rumor that Red Jacket is going to do a show on upgrading Gecko 45's arsenal?
    :roll2::roll2::roll2:
    Jerry

Can't be done. As an authentic ninja Gecko45 cannot appear on camera. And if he did show up on TV he'd have to kill us all.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    That show is a slap in the face to anyone who owns firearms and is an enthusiast about them. This show is designed to impress the backwards-hat-wearing, XXXXXXL tshirt wearing, low slung long denim short **** that like guns and wear gold chains. The owner of Red Jacket is a no-talent order-barking idiot. His employees put up with terrible manners and ridiculous orders that are likely manufactured for the drama of the show. Anyone who will freely and without abandon take classic WWII machine guns and ghetto them out to either be a ridiculous shoulder fired SAW or a machine gun operated by MOTORCYCLE HANDLE BARS needs to be summarily beaten at the next Shot Show in front of real gun people.

This show brings out the demon in me...
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    that's what I was saying, if she did fire the 50 on camera it would not have passed the lip readers, just say'n !!!
    104RFAST wrote: »
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    That show is a slap in the face to anyone who owns firearms and is an enthusiast about them. This show is designed to impress the backwards-hat-wearing, XXXXXXL tshirt wearing, low slung long denim short **** that like guns and wear gold chains. The owner of Red Jacket is a no-talent order-barking idiot. His employees put up with terrible manners and ridiculous orders that are likely manufactured for the drama of the show. Anyone who will freely and without abandon take classic WWII machine guns and ghetto them out to either be a ridiculous shoulder fired SAW or a machine gun operated by MOTORCYCLE HANDLE BARS needs to be summarily beaten at the next Shot Show in front of real gun people.

This show brings out the demon in me...
    C'mon Jason tell us how you really feel. :rotflmao:

I'm still waiting for someone to post a pic of an MG42 modified by those guys to sport trucknuts. :roll2:
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I am betting they did a retake and the woman and her gun were not available, and they sub'ed. If you notice the spot between 1:24 and 1:33 the client is not in the frame at all. And you have a great eye for spotting it in just that 8 seconds. Still, bad bad bad. Proof the knowledgeable gun people here are better than the pro's there. Maybe we should do our own reality show! We'll do it at Teach's ;)

IMHO!

D

Great Idea Dan, and we can use the Theme from Deliverance for our background music. Anybody got some canoes??? :rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Proof the knowledgeable gun people here are better than the pro's there. Maybe we should do our own reality show! We'll do it at Teach's ;)

IMHO!

D
    Well, they're pro's for sure but are they experts?

As for the second idea, who wants to watch a show where everything goes right? We'd have to truck in the drama from a Dr. Phil taping...

...Or maybe do a 1K Marlin versus Winchester buildoff! :jester:

• DeanCDeanC Member Posts: 156 Member
    They pulled the video. I re-linked to another copy I found.