Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Cabellas new policy for New Yorkers

124»

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,867 Senior Member
    I tried to buy a handgun for #2 son.

We went to the gun show, he with pistol buying permit in hand, me with money in hand,
    and he was going fill out the form. FFL seller would not do the deal.

Boy had to use his credit card to get the gun.

All parted happy.

I suppose if it were #1 son since his first and middle names are the same as mine, it could have
    been my card and no one would have been able to tell.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,673 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I suppose if it were #1 son since his first and middle names are the same as mine,....
    You named #1 son "Nutty Ned" too :silly:

:rotflmao:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Hey Blazer, Thanks for this information. In protest, I will not be doing business with Cabela's anymore. I usually buy something something from them every year,and have done so since,1999. I will locate another source for my gun needs,until Cabela's reverses this inept,and anti-2nd amendment,company policy.

Robert your State of CO is in the process of a similar ban like NY. So be prepared as several Companies in CO have advised the State they are considering moving their operations out of state and will refuse to do business with any customers or L.E. agencies since they do not support the 2nd Amendment and law abiding citizens. I like many other gun owners support these Companies for taking a stand and it is up to the residents of those States to contact their politicians to reject these type of gun control laws. If not the problem is yours not ours. Read: Colorado ammo magazine maker Magpul threatens to leave state over gun bill

Read more: Colorado ammo magazine maker Magpul threatens to leave state over gun bill - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22593693/colorado-ammo-magazine-maker-threatens-leave-state-over If you do a search you will find numerous gun related companies doing the same thing in other States.

It is time for the gun owners in those States to get involved with their State Legislatures and stop this nonsense, along with their Federal Politicians that are in the process of Universal Background checks, High Capacity Mag and AWB's, etc.

Same thing for the Hunters that are not concerned if they do not own an so-called Assault Weapon that is on Feinstein's AWB list. Their firearms will be next on the list.
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,440 Senior Member
    Ranch13 wrote: »
    There is a problem with that AR if you purchase and then give it to him. You as a private citizen cannot transfer any firearm to someone from another state. That can only be done by a licensed dealer.

True. Because I go to Texas all the time, I was focusing on the "Straw" purchase issue and didn't really consider logistics/ transportation issues in my post.

My point was that it is NOT a straw purchase is you are 100% sure the person can legally own the gun where they live.

Buying someone a gun is ok if:
    1) you are sure that they could legally buy the gun, AND
    2) you are sure that the gun is legal where they live.

Straw purchases arise when the buyer does the purchase to avoid a legal restriction imposed on the "true" owner.

Never Ever buy a gun for someone who you don't know. Not only is it illegal, it is a dumb thing to do.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Hey Blazer, Thanks for this information. In protest, I will not be doing business with Cabela's anymore. I usually buy something something from them every year,and have done so since,1999. I will locate another source for my gun needs,until Cabela's reverses this inept,and anti-2nd amendment,company policy.

You are joking, please say it is an attempt at humor. If not gun owners are doomed as we can not recognize allies helping with our fight.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    Wow this one really went to crap didn't it?
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    Wow this one really went to crap didn't it?

Funny when folks who normally consider themselves 'conservative' (:roll:) start reacting with pure emotion without a thought about either the consequences of their actions, nor the implications of those they are acting against. Sounds kinda liberal to me!:roll2:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,867 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    You named #1 son "Nutty Ned" too :silly:

:rotflmao:
    III
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,673 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    III
    III? So is he NNN? :spittingcoffee::rotflmao:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I miss the pre-1968 days of going in a gun store and buying a firearm. Only paperwork required was when you had to write out a check. And you could mail order rifles and shotguns and USPS would deliver them right to your house. The good old days really were the good old days back then.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Same thing for the Hunters that are not concerned if they do not own an so-called Assault Weapon that is on Feinstein's AWB list. Their firearms will be next on the list.

Well it didn't take long for it to happen.
    Standard Shotgun Could Face Ban In New Bill in CO. The standard pump shotgun is now in the sights of gun control freaks in Colorado. House Bill 13-1224 is a bill that references large-capacity magazines and yet specifically targets certain shotguns that have the ability to be altered to hold more than five shotgun shells.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/03/standard-shotgun-could-face-ban-in-new-bill/

Well will hunting rifles be next calling them sniper rifles?
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »

Well will hunting rifles be next calling them sniper rifles?

That would be a do-over from the attempt of Clinton's assault weapons ban. It got dropped so the bill would pass. A certain California senator who will go unnamed (Dianne Feinstein) had those evil bolt action scope mounted rifles in the original bill back then listed as 'sniper rifles'. But it might take something like that being proposed to get the majority of the Fuddites to get off their dead rear ends and onto their dying feet and wake up!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams