7.62x39 in stock

Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior MemberPosts: 712 Senior Member
I am in no way affiliated with Bud's, just passing it on. They have 7.62x39 in stock for $8.99 a box (Wolf 124 gr.) and Tula for $10.99. I just ordered 200 rds. Sucks that shipping time is 7-10 days though.

On another note. I just dropped off my new (to me) WASR to be nickel, then chrome plated (:fan:). I'm going to have a little fun with it. I like AK's but I figured if I am going to own a cheap one, I'm going full African warlord on it. It'll be chrome plated (not cheap chrome) with the Timbersmith red wood furniture when its done...I'll post pics in about 2 weeks.

Replies

• BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,695 Senior Member
    Robbery... it's $4 a box chit ammo.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,085 Senior Member
    lol...sounds like a fun project! Yeah it's ridiculous, but hey might as well have fun with it. BTW did you get the laminate or regular wood stock set?
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,229 Senior Member
    I can't wait for pics...:applause:
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 712 Senior Member
    lol...sounds like a fun project! Yeah it's ridiculous, but hey might as well have fun with it. BTW did you get the laminate or regular wood stock set?

I got it with someones garage camo job (rustoleum, seriously...) but under that was the Red Laminate...I am trying to salvage it...If not then I'll get the laminate again...I want it to be bright.

ETA:The only downer was that it only came with one steel mag. I didn't have any extras, and good luck finding any good steel ones in this area right now. So I have some Tapco's for it but I was only able to have them plate one mag...and they have a $150 minimum so when I find more, it'll cost me...dang.
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 712 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Robbery... it's $4 a box chit ammo.

D

Before the crazy that was 8$ or 9$ ammo here...and we have fairly decent prices outside of the current crazy...but maybe I wasn't looking in the right places...
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,085 Senior Member
    Cheetoh734 wrote: »
    I got it with someones garage camo job (rustoleum, seriously...) but under that was the Red Laminate...I am trying to salvage it...If not then I'll get the laminate again...I want it to be bright.

ETA:The only downer was that it only came with one steel mag. I didn't have any extras, and good luck finding any good steel ones in this area right now. So I have some Tapco's for it but I was only able to have them plate one mag...and they have a $150 minimum so when I find more, it'll cost me...dang.

I actually like the tapco mags better than the steel ones in my WASR. The one plated mag should be good enough for the effect and can use the tapco ones for plinking.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho