Just sent my Resume off

snake284snake284 Senior MemberPosts: 21,851 Senior Member
I got a tip about a project in Saudi Arabia last week and finally made contact with the project manager, a guy I've worked for before and known for 30 years. I emailed him last night and had an answer this morning. Took me awhile to polish up my resume, but I finally got it in the email about an hour ago. Now I'm going to relax and wait while he sends it to the guys doing the interviewing.

This is a crap shoot because depending on who they are, you just never know what they will do. When you work on projects like this there's a chance you'll piss some people off and endear others. I hope it's the latter that read my resume, because there's some of both kinds out there. Back when I worked for Carbide, there were three plants which had units like ours. There was us, Taft Louisiana, and Red Deer Canada. All three plants did things differently. And this is where the crap hits the fan.

The Canadians and the Cajuns half way got along, but not totally. The cajuns and us for the most part got along. There was one that was a real butt head, but I don't know what he's into or if he's even on this project. But the Texans and the Canadians always butted heads. I didn't but heads with all of them, but there were some that would piss off a preacher. I've been out of the circle for 10 years now and I don't know who is where doing what nowadays. I don't have a clue who is in charge of HR matters and heading up the project over there, so that's why I say it's a crap shoot.

I just want to get on a project, make some money, and sit back and retire for real in about 6 or 8 years. I will put all my other plans on hold for awhile, until I make some money to fund some projects here, like a business with my wife. Anyway, wish me luck and if you would, put us in your prayers.
Daddy, what's an enabler?
Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,412 Senior Member
    Mary's nephew spent some time in Saudi as an EMT/fire department trainer for BP petroleum. He was, and is raking in the big bucks. He's managing a BP facility in Azerbaijan now, I think. He comes back to the USA two or three times a year.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,728 Senior Member
    Good luck with the application Mike. When you get the job, ship your rifles to me .....I will take good care of them.

DONT SEND THE 270!!! We dont hunt marshmellows over here...........:wink:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Good luck with the application Mike. When you get the job, ship your rifles to me .....I will take good care of them.

DONT SEND THE 270!!! We dont hunt marshmellows over here...........:wink:

Good luck with the job and don't send your guns to Alec, he'll get Kiwi juice on them. Send them to me, the postage is cheaper!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    Good luck with it.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    Good luck to you.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,146 Senior Member
    I hope it works out for you, Mike.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Jim TomJim Tom Member Posts: 338 Member
    Heck, buy us a bunch of AK's while you're there! Every arab I see on TV is carrying one!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,520 Senior Member
    Mike, good luck with the job, oh yeah I'll pay the postage.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Fair winds to you Mike, if you want a safe place for the "girls" it's here....I wouldn't touch your rifles with a ten foot pole...lmao!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Jim Tom wrote: »
    Heck, buy us a bunch of AK's while you're there! Every arab I see on TV is carrying one!

You would be surprised to know that most of those folks are not Arab....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Good Luck Snake. Hope everything works out and you get the job. :angel2:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    Good luck Snake.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    You would be surprised to know that most of those folks are not Arab....

You're right, they are mainland Buddihst and Island Islamic...and of lower than the low, just making a living.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Best of luck Mike. We've had a lot going on lately and have had set back after setback. The wife gets upset and I just tell her, "look we're doing the best we can, once you're doing that, just put your faith in the Lord and if it's meant to be it'll happen." I'm sure you're already doing both so things will work out in the end. I hope the outcome is what's best for you and your family
    Good luck, buddy
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs