Home Main Category General Firearms

My collection grew by three today!

calebibcalebib Senior MemberPosts: 1,701 Senior Member
I went to the LGS today to pick up my Spike's Tactical stripped lowers that I got from AIM Surplus. While I was there one of the guys reminded me that I had something on layaway, I had completely forgotten that I had placed a S&W 642 on layaway several months ago! While he went in back to get the lowers and the 642 I spotted something in the case that looked interesting, a S&W Bodyguard 380. After handling it for a few minutes I asked if I could switch it for the 642 I had on layaway and he said, "Sure, no problem." So, after paying the balance and doing the requisite paperwork my collection got a little bigger. Add these to the Ackley barreled action I got a few days ago that makes four guns this week!

So, a little about the Bodyguard. I really like the feel of it, while it's still very light it does feel much more substantial than many other 380s I handled. I love the fact that it has real sights that are dovetailed into the slide allowing them to be adjusted or replaced. The integral laser sight seems very easy to activate with either hand and has constant and pulse beam modes. It is not a blowback pistol, it uses a short recoil system like most full size autos and it uses a stainless guide rod. The trigger pull is long but not too heavy and quite smooth, very much like the pull on a hammerless J frame. The gun comes with one 6 round magazine and a case that at a casual glance looks like a day planner, you have to look very close to see the S&W logo embroidered onto the front.
I need to get to the range and shoot this little guy, it should be fun!

IMG_5276.JPG
IMG_5277.JPG
IMG_5278.JPG

The Spike's lowers look to be very well made, the machining is excellent. I can't wait to get them built up! A cool bonus is that they have consecutive serial numbers.
IMG_5280.JPG

Replies