Wambli in G&A magazine

JayJay Senior MemberPosts: 3,321 Senior Member
I was a little late when I renewed by subscription so I just got the March issue last week, then the April issue this week. Maybe I missed it somewhere, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about the little writeup in the March issue about the forum and a spotlight on Enzo. Congrats, bud....:beer: That was cool to see in the mag.

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Is it online anywhere?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,321 Senior Member
    I can't find it anywhere. It was a little half page kinda deal toward the front of the magazine with a picture of Enzo (I assume, can't see the whole face) and a little writeup about the forum, Enzo and a quote from Enzo about the "forum family" here. I have a wireless printer/copier/scanner at home. I can scan it and post it when I get home this evening if that wouldn't cause a problem for anyone. That's assuming I can get my scanner back on my wireless network and working, since I jacked my network up and just got it back to normal.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,659 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Is it online anywhere?
    <hi-jack>LML, check your IMs in a few minutes, have some info you might like
    </hi-jack>
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Cool, thanks!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • PFDPFD Senior Member Posts: 1,202 Senior Member
    Jay wrote: »
    I can't find it anywhere. It was a little half page kinda deal toward the front of the magazine with a picture of Enzo (I assume, can't see the whole face)

Looks an awful lot like Uncle Robbie to me. :uhm:

Great form either way. :cool2:
    That's all I got.

Paul
    After taking a second look at it during my lunch break, I started to think the part you can see didn't look so much like Enzo after all. Either way, the text was all about Enzo and the forum. Cool enough....
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member
    Jay wrote: »
    After taking a second look at it during my lunch break, I started to think the part you can see didn't look so much like Enzo after all. Either way, the text was all about Enzo and the forum. Cool enough....

Its Enzo. I can vouch for it. It's my picture.

I took that picture of him myself, a few years ago while I was visiting him. We were at the range the day after we shot a 3-Gun match together.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    That answers that, then. Cool. :up:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,659 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Its Enzo. I can vouch for it. It's my picture.
    Did you give them permission to use your intellectual property ??
    <Grabs HUGE spoon to stir the pot with> :devil:
    :roll2:

<hi-jack> Larsen, I'm guessing the info made it?? </hi-jack>
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    I found it in my copy. It gives his full name and what industry he works in. And he says some very nice things about you bunch of whack jobs. I wonder what anyone compelled by the article to check this place out will think.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,454 Senior Member
    377634_10200521201895732_1031543270_n.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Is that Zed's XD you're shooting? :p

NRA Endowment Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »

And yes it's me in the picture (I supplied it to Ben) and it was Z that took it. I think breamfisher might have been around that day too. Two GREAT friends that I probably would have NEVER met if it was not for our little clubhouse on the internet!
    That was the day your short-barrelled AR stopped working because of a loose gas key, correct?

Yeah, I was around that day. That's also the day that I found out that if you go against Z when he has a shotgun, wait until he reloads....

Good times.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 807 Senior Member
    2003? It's been 10 years, I guess we have to keep you now.

Congrats on the write-up.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.